What should I do about wanting constant attention?

I'll start off by saying that things aren't good with my girlfriend. We barely talk at all and this has caused me to want attention and affection to an unrealistic point. I've gotten to the point where if any friend pays attention to someone else I get jealous. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try to figure out the problems with your girlfriend, try to work everything out. If you can't then I suggest you break up with her because it'd be too unhealthy of a relationship for you to stay with her. If you can't break up with her, at least tell her how you feel or that you want to, it'll get the ball rolling and it may be painful but it'll be easier.
    I want constant attention just like you, you just gotta try to have self-control. it's difficult and I know how it is to be jealous when my friends give attention to others but it's something we gotta deal with.
    You should try to focus on yourself and try making yourself happy. Try to leave the house and talk to people, or practice your hobbies etc. It'll help a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to resolve the problem with the girlfriend. It sounds as if the end is near for this relationship. Prepare to be moving on. In the meanwhile, you need to look inward and ask what weakness you feel inside that is addressed when you get attention.

What Girls Said 2

• You just have to find someone who will actually be there for you. There's not much that can be done about the need for affection until you really get it, unfortunately. Just hang in there, and I'm here to talk when you need it friend <3

• Make yourself invisble and try to be alone with no attention!

What Guys Said 1

• Stop it that's what. It's gonna ( if not already ) look needy and clingy. Two traits that are complete turn offs. Then evaluate what brought it to this point. It has to have a reason that brought it to this point. Find and address it