Do you agree you have to work hard in order to be respected?

I spent the whole day working with numbers and although I didn't like it, I felt oddly satisfied when I went out to a tea cafe. As though I 'deserved' the fun because I worked so hard all day long.

It makes me wonder if my perception is flawed that you have to work hard to gain respect or if that's just hte way the world works

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that's true respect has to be earned and so one must work towards earning their respect. That is by doing good work ( by actions)

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a human being. Everyone deserves to be respected no matter what. I think you feel that way because we're made to believe that we are only worth something if we work hard in these jobs we don't really care about. I feel like this sometimes too. It's like we work to gain satisfaction from other people. In reality, what we really need is to only please ourselves. Do the type of work you're passionate about, and you'll suddenly find yourself striving only to make yourself happy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Actually yes.

• Not working hard, but doing good work.