Is it normal for 2 year olds to know what patterns are?

Yesterday we got out an ice cube tray and some fuzzy balls and my daughter put the fuzzy balls in the ice cube tray in a pattern... Without us even telling her how to do it... She not only did it once but she did it twice... We were in shock... Nobody not even myself as her mother taught her what patterns were.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, but it is for kids who are developing their intelligence faster.

What Guys Said 4

• yes, some kids pick up that stuff faster than others, but around 2, the general idea is settling in. she might be picking it up a little faster, or able to grasp more complex patterns that isn't normally what is considered in her age range, but it isn't completely unheard of.

• Yes, it is normal.

I have 5 kids. Two of them were reading before their 3rd birthday. I'm not convinced that those two are better students now than their siblings -- I don't think early development is predictive of future capability, unless it is far from normal.

• Human are built to recognize patterns. Patterns, especially symmetrical patterns aee easier to remember.

• even kids can recognize patterns, its not like it is rocket science

What Girls Said 0