Ladies, how do you prefer being proposed to. Guys, how do you want to propose?

Do you prefer to propose/get proposed in front of a crowd with lots of attention?

or

somewhere private where it's only the two of you (could be at home lying in bed together)

OR

are you the type of person who wants to turn it into one of those moments where you go all out

for guys only: if you do want too, are you going to plan your proposal to line? or just do it when you're feeling it.

I guess I should ask if girls would like to propose to their man as well, and how they would do it, just to be fair. but I'm assuming majority of women will want to be proposed too.

don't watch this

• publicLadies, how do you prefer being proposed to. Guys, how do you want to propose?
  • privateLadies, how do you prefer being proposed to. Guys, how do you want to propose?
  • all out balls outLadies, how do you prefer being proposed to. Guys, how do you want to propose?
  • fuck you i watched it
why are people fucking me by watching it

Most Helpful Girl

• In private.

He and I might be playing a game, or watching Netflix. He'll turn to me and say "You'll do." with a smirk. He might say "I love you" and I'll say "I know" (lol Han and Leia).

What Girls Said 47

• I've always been anti-public proposals because I feel like you're pressuring the girl (or guy) into a certain answer because they'll be too embarrassed or nervous to reject you because of possible backlash. And I also hated the idea in general of feeling pressured into my feelings.
    But, thinking of my current boyfriend, we're only new so this is like way way way away (IF it happens), if we keep the feelings we have now, no cheating or lies or things to make us question each other, I wouldn't care if it was in public because I know I want him.

SO I guess it depends on the couple. A friend of mine recently got proposed to privately on a boat, was all cute but he'd planned a big party with friends and family afterwards so it was a mix.

• yeah a mix sounds pretty good. you get to have your cake and eat it too, hoping that the person says yes lol.

• Definitely in private. I don't do well with crowds or having attention drawn to me in public. I don't want to say yes to him under that much pressure, y'know? I don't know if I'd truly be saying yes in that situation or whether I'm just saying yes so he doesn't get humiliated. When it's just the two of us, it'll be easier to make a decision based on how I feel. I'm not saying I want it where I've got a mouthful of food and he randomly goes 'hey, wanna get married?', it doesn't have to be as casual as that, but just... Just the two of us would be best.

• that makes sense. you know I kinda wondered that too, like damn all that pressure, how could she say no, it's so humiliating, and once she says no the relationship is pretty much over lol. most likely.

• This is what came to mind and even I'm surprised by it lol

Chinese food, playing a video game, he pretends to drop something and then comes up with the ring and proposes.

He'd not only get a "HELL YES" but also an intense workout to help burn off those excess calories from the Chinese food 😈

• hahaa i actually haven't thought of that one.

• @redeyemindtricks - You made me think of my (still to this day) favorite dress. I got rid of it about 3 years ago because my ex (bf at the time) thought it was too "attention seeking". Though, I'd only worn it twice; but with great results.

It looked similar to this, but was sleeveless and the mid-section was covered with the fabric.

g01.a.alicdn.com/.../...ess-Long-Sleeve-O-Neck.jpg

• Honestly it doesn't really matter, as long as it's the right time and you're a little cheesy about it.

• @joc4position will you do me the honor💍💐💒💌 of becoming my little lady?😠 If you say no I'll Ike Turner you in front of all these people!☺
    I say private if I was to decide on marriage or kid's again. I like surprise's, but not a public one like this. I loathe when all the Hooter's girl's & Chilli's worker's sing Happy birthday to me😑I still eat that free cake though😂 I mean it is a sweet gesture, really! but very embarassing! Plus what if she turn's it down... how sad😔 but each chick is different, so it's like if you understand who you are dealing with you will comprehend what type of proposal she might enjoy. Me and my cat's will be watching from the side line's most likely YOLO🐈

• A private proposal is ideal for me lol

1. A lovely stroll, somewhere secluded, a nice picnic, then a proposal

Or

2. I'm at his place and we're having sex (lol) and after sex we just lay around and cuddle each other and he randomly proposes to me.. Which I would say yes to! And then more sex 🙃

• I don't really like to be centre of attention, so I'd prefer a private proposal, but something unique and special. My cheeks would glow redder than Scarlett if he proposed in front of lots of people 😳😂I'm not a fan of centre stage lol I guess I'd have to get used to the idea though... in preparation for my wedding day 😂😂

• I would prefer it to be done privately. I'm not big on having a whole bunch of people anxiously await my answer. I want the moment to be special between me and the guy.

• I'm not into the showboat public proposals (i. e. flash mob, random people approaching me, etc). It can't be half assed and it needs to be sincere. If he did it in front of the family I wouldn't mind. I remember a commercial from years back when this couple went on vacation to Rome and the guy proposed to the girl in front of a famous monument and the family (unbeknownst to the girl) were sitting and standing on the steps watching it happen. When she said yes the family faced them and released doves. That was beautiful and I'd love something like that.

• whoa that sounds really cool. man the ideas never end!

• Yeah it really made a visual impact on me because I still think that is the best proposal (even though fake) I've seen to date. To bad it's an old commercial or I would've posted it. I'm pretty positive it was a commercial for a jeweler.

• I have anxiety in public. I get really nervous and nothing about the situation feels safe to me. The thought of hundreds of people staring at me (possibly recording me) is really scary, and I wouldn't know what to say. The situation would make me want to say no, but the "right" thing to do is say yes.
    If I were in a quiet place with him, I would love to be proposed to. I have time to think. I don't have to react immediately or jump up and down (I've never been that excited about anything...). My answer would be made my decision, and there wouldn't be any pressure to say a certain thing. I would truly feel my own emotions, and answer as my heart wishes me to.

• hmm.. well it can be anywhere.. but it should show that he put some thought into it. and that he tried his best to make it special. cuz that'd be so nice... private and romantic sounds good.. and few friends to take pics. haha.. . and the ring better be good.. :D

• I'd much prefer he does it when it's just to two of us. If he wants to make a grand gesture of it that's cool, but not a big public thing. I'd love for him to propose on a hike when we're at the summit or while we are on vacation or something. I'd swoon!! But however he does it I'm just gonna be happy he finally did haha

• I don't have a huge preference of how, I just want it to be unique and totally unexpected. I don't like being the center of attention, but I think it's cute when the guy involves everyone so I voted C.

• :D maybe you can have it all. like it'll be sweet and private and intimate, and then when you say yes a whole parade comes out with everyone you know lol

• Omgggg, that would be perfect!

• I don't need anything extravagant. As long as it's heartfelt, I'll be happy.

• Some where secluded and romantic, just the two of us. I am a very private person and this would be an ideal for me.

• I think a proposal in a semi private park on a beautiful day is a good idea. If it's the right person, I would want the proposal to be semi private. So that way it is still private enough to be an intimate moment. But again if it's the right person, I will be so excited I will want to tell everybody.

• fuck you i watched it

• Well, it hasn't happened yet but I think id prefer we were alone on a romantic date someplace special. Someplace we'd want to go back to for anniversaries and even to renew our vows decades later😍😍🍾

• Such a touchy subject for me but if I could have it done again I'd like to be alone with him at night on a beach or in the mountains. Just simple and sweet. But I love the whole getting down on the knees thing. 🙈

• Private. I don't need a big deal made out of it. We could be playing video games or watching a movie and he could just like toss the ring at me for all I care.

But then again I never have given marriage any thought.

• In private please. Public is too embarrassing.

• hypothetically, if it was public, would you be mad?

• i hope the lucky bastard keeps it private lol

• If he knows me well enough, he would never even dream of proposing in public. My ex proposed in private, than Jibbers. He was a twat, but at least he was moderately considerate.

• just don't propose, that's better

• Private.

• I'd prefer a private proposal. It would be nice to have at least that small part be something special between the two of us. Everyone else can share in the excitement of the engagement later and celebrate at the wedding.

• privately... never thought about getting engaged in bed though lmao. i always thought of it as an outdoors thing. *shrugs*

• whoever asks for your hand will be so lucky if you say yes

• Do NOT! mess with.. tehh.. SQUISHY!!! xD

• hehe :D so excited!!! :p

• I wouldn't mind either way. If it's someone I love and we've already talked about it... he can do it either way.

• I don t really care.
    I am fine however he wants it as long as it s not in the w. c like aledeeurope once showed lol.

• Privately. I'm weird though, so it's either privately or all balls out. Don't ask.

• Not really sure which category it would fall under, but if any for him to propose somewhere that was special to our relationship. Like for instance the place we went on our first date, or the place we first told eachother I love you. Just a place that would mean something special to the two of us. It wouldn't matter if it was private, public, a huge extravaganza, or him just asking it simply.

• I said all out but honestly I would like whatever he does. Which knowing him will probably be something private.

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 13

• 1. You should never propose while in bed.

2. Unless you absolutely know the answer will be "yes," don't do it in public or in front of her family.

3. This is a moment that you will remember for the rest of your life. Do it in a way that has some meaning for both you and her.

I have proposed twice. First time, I was working in Tallahassee and I have a very strong sense of connection to the past. My girlfriend was a Tallahassee native. I proposed on the portico of the Old Capitol.

The second time, I took my girlfriend for a long walk on the beach. She loves the beach and it was on an island that my ancestors have visited for hundreds of years. When we were away from everyone, I got down on one knee and proposed. As soon as she said "yes," I placed a ring on her finger. I had coordinated with her adult son in advance and he had a party arranged for later that night.

• Somewhere with meaning to her, maybe it's someplace private, maybe it's someplace public I don't know lol, depends on the gal. And I'd do it on the classic one knee.

• damn I'm gonna have to one up that knee

• oh i meant like one of those caves where its underwater but once you go in there is a labyrinth of tunnels you can explore where air is trapped

• O I gotcha ok yeah that would be pretty cool.

• I would like to propose to a girl from GAG right here on GAG on my bare knees as I type my proposal to her in a MyTake thread for everyone to see, And yes BertMacklinFBI You can be my Best Man

• Don't make that mistake guys, seriously. There's no advantage to be officially 'married' on paper. Have a live in girlfriend with some written agreement if you live in a common law state. It's just as good and it's the same thing but gives you protection. I know when you're in "love" you think it's going to last forever but over 70% of the time, it doesn't. Every one of those 70% just new it was going to last forever too. Don't be naïve, use your brain (the one in your head, your big head).

• I would wanna do it in public because I feel it should be special. I proposaled once it was cheesy and I slacked off. I don't know what come over me this 10 months into a forced break up and I didn't even get the ring I know she would love because other told me not to waste the money on her. I regreted not doing it the way I wanted too and I also regret thinking just because she once said she wanted me to marry her.. she would wake up just from me asking her the question.

• damn d00d! that sounded like it could have been really great.

• Could have she always said she wanted to be prosspoed to during néw years eve. anyway its life

• I drove her to the bay at sunset and proposed in the car. We went back to the house on the ocean where the rest of the family was and had a big dinner.

• that sounds really nice. was she expecting that

• No, she wasn't. She expected it the previous Christmas and thought the big wrapped box under the tree was the old ring in a big present trick, thanks to my brother-in-law... I could tell by the look on her face that the expensive highend microwave was NOT a hit... I figured that if I went past the next Christmas, which was in year five of dating, there would have been a relationship problem if there wasn't a ring (and I wouldn't have blamed her as 5 years is a long time). I wasn't going to do it at Christmas because it would have felt forced so I decided to do it at a large gathering of the family at the beach.

• I'd propose somewhere private for the same reason I'd elope,
    its nobodies business but me and the woman I love

• In our culture, parents take the formal proposal to the girl's parents. Doesn't mean the guy has not done a drill with the girl already :)

• that sounds interesting

• It's traditional. The premise being that marriage is not just a bond between a man and a woman who may or may not have gotten infatuated with each other to begin with, but a bond between two families. Whether it's an arranged marriage or otherwise, a lot of effort goes behing making sure that families are compatible and respectable. Doesn't necessarily mean they are always right and never fooled, but due diligence is always performed.

• I'll let her do it... lol

• I don't ever plan to propose to a woman.

• I voted for in private, but in reality it is fuck you i watched it.

• I'm more the B type of guy... do you have plans for the big moment?

• In private - because I'm not an attention whore