Can fortune-tellers tell their own fortunes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many of us tell ONLY our own fortunes.

What Girls Said 1

• I highly doubt it.

What Guys Said 9

• Highly subjective here - Technically they can, I had a deck of Tarot cards and it never qualified that you can't do a reading yourself but anyone will tell you that had their fortune told, there is a mixture of vagueness and the scatter bomb technique plus clever interrogation that reveals your desires so they might hint at 30/40 things. A year down the line you will only remember the things they were close to the mark on. When you are doing your own reading it is nearly impossible to stop your own desires from taking over.
    In Ireland it is quite popular especially among girls who probably take it at the serious end of fun, a lot of them will know someone who had an "Amazingly accurate reading" so they half believe it.
    I don't know for sure but a friend of mine went in and she knew a couple of things about him that were totally way out like his father was working abroad in oil so there is a tiny bit of me that just goes maybe. I went to her and she was good, close on a few things. Then I went to another a bit later and she was so bad. To be totally honest I wouldn't put too much by it but within the profession there might be 1 or 2 with a little extra.
    I have a feeling there is some rule about the gift that you can't profit from it as in what are the lotto numbers or the winners of the next six races at the horse track.
    All in all, some may take it seriously but they are very few. As to whether the gift exists or it is some clever con, to this day I will never know how that woman knew the things about my friend, There was 3/4 things and she was 100% accurate with a bit of detail.

• They are frauds, of course they can't.

• They can't actually tell anyone's fourtunes so... no

• To tell your own fortune is the greatest taboo of fortune tellers.

• Yes, they can. But guess why they won't believe it. :D :D

• They can tell their own a well as they can tell anyone else's fortune.

• My Fortune Teller actually got hit by a train last week.

She never saw it coming.

• it helps if you understand how fortune telling works

• No.

And there's a few videos on YouTube exposing fortune-tellers/mediums etc as fraudsters