Are "nice" people taken at face value?

if someone is "nice" to you ether guy or girl, do you usually take it as face value, or do you all way think there is an ulterior motive for there actions?

• yes
    42% (8)25% (2)37% (10)Vote
  • no
    37% (7)38% (3)37% (10)Vote
  • other make comment
    21% (4)37% (3)26% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
6|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually take them at face value (unless i sense not to) I don't assume all "nice" or friendly people have ulterior motives. I'm not that paranoid.

I am generally "nice" to people, and i would hate anyone to mistake my kindness/niceness as a manipulation tactic , or assume i had a sinister ulterior motive in mind

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• If its someone my age I don't tend to trust them. Or someone older than me that looks like he could hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • it depends on HOW nice they were.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. I take it at face value but if they do something unusually nice I start to question their motives.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't trust intensely sweet people... i just don't

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. I can tell when someone is being phony if they're acting "nice"

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I have an arguably bad tendency to assume the good of some people. Though I also sometimes get weird vibes from others for some reason. I think there are some people who really are nice for the sake of niceness, and some people I can figure out after awhile if they're genuine or not, but usually, at least at first, I'd probably take niceness at face value...

0|1
    0|0
  • I am not sure if this is just how I am or because of the people I met but I always assume that they have some ulterior motivate until I know them a little bit better. Even though I think this way I still try to be nice to people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah face value until given reason to think otherwise. However, too nice is a red flag.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how I read them... I make a judgement call based on their character... All the puzzle pieces make a picture.

0|1
    0|0
  • Face value most of the time.

0|1
    0|0