Does everybody who trains to be a soldier get the chance to fight in war?

i just found out my brother is leaving to train to be a combat engineer in about a week. I'm really scared but proud of him. I'm just wondering, even though he's training, is it for sure he's going to be fighting in the war? Or is it like a pass/fail sort of thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are soldiers first then they are trained in northern jobs. depending on that job determines your chances of fighting. But if they are stationed in a combat zone then there is always a chance of something happening where they might have to defend themselves

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Artillery and infantry are the people on the front lines, I believe.
    Military engineers explode things to make roads and brides mostly. They can be put into a combat zone to do that stuff, but i dont think they would be fighting.

• they still learn how to shoot and stuff.
      if u ever wanna talk, that is what my boyfriend does right now.

• bridges** lmao

• They blow up brides? Lmao

What Guys Said 3

• No, I don't think so.

• no, they just train everyone in case they have to fight. but he likely won't have to being a combat engineer

• Never for sure. Engineers don't get into actual combat, unless they are attacked. If his unit is deployed, it would be for support stuff.

What Girls Said 0