Should I go to Amsterdam alone?

So I'm 21 and I've been recently wanting to have more adventure in my life and experience the world. I really want to go to Amsterdam but I don't know if I should go alone or with a friend. Would it be a good idea to go to Amsterdam alone or would it be better to bring someone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally am not a fan of traveling alone. The good thing though is that most people speak English there, so it wouldn't be THAT hard to get around yourself. It really depends on the person, but I think it's more fun with someone else, and you can kinda do more things. For example, if you're eating you can try two or three things rather than just the one dish you order.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it... Amsterdam's notorious for its Red Light District... do ya wanna have any other person around yer legs? Personally not... I'd rather go there and fuck all those chicks... if I had lots of money of course...

So fuck anyone if ya have money... go alone and enjoy it...

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see any problem with it. I went alone at your age. Just make sure to book a hostel or hotel before you go as they tend to be all booked up this time of year.

• I'm going out of the country alone this July/August. You can do it, just be smart about it that's all. Don't trust stranger's, let family and friend's know where u are a lot, don't flash money and electronics around etc etc. My friend's are lame AF, so I have no time to sit back and let adventure's slip on bye for good. I take the risk and gain as many memories as possible. Yolo☺

• I'm too scared to traveling alone, I think you should go with someone :)

What Guys Said 4

• With a friend. Its much harder to go out and look around alone than with a friend, especially in visiting nightclubs etc

• Never been but I'm sure you would be fine

• Amsterdam is a very safe city so no reason to not go alone. More fun with a friend though

• Depends what you want to do there if you want to just tour around and look at this you'll be win alone if your going for the legal prostitution and and drugs take a few friends