Would you push a button to kill 300 000 to save 4 000 000 people?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• depends... on which country are they? are they relatives? are they kids?

if not, sure, I'd kill them to save the rest

save them from what exactly? XD

• Depends on the country, but probably yes

• I'll kill the 3m if they are criminal only, if not then I will not kill some to save some otherwise I'll find another solution

• No.
    One Life = Another Life
    We shouldn't start quantifying.

• Nope

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on what those 300K are up to.

If they're average joes doing nothing other than being hated on by the guy trying to get me to make a decision, I simply shoot the blackmailer and save everyone (else).

Either way, facing one potential charge of murder is better than being responsible for genocide.

Now, if this was a band of 300K terrorists in the middle of being up to no good, and those 4M were innocents they were about to behead/eat, then yeah, I'd press that button.

I remember a few years back, where Syrians under assault from ISIS were begging the US to bomb their regions, even if it meant innocents would die the blast. They said that their lives were not worth allowing ISIS to spread. If only the UN saw things that way. Now, Europe has a ruptured colon.

• I don't know.
    On one hand I'm saving four million people on the other hand I'm ending the lives of 300000
    I guess probably then kill myself

• Nope. Overpopulation is a big upcoming problem so I might as well try to solve it

• You know... you can always start with yourself... I'm just sayin'!

• @Redshift Ya but u know if I had killed myself then that's 100,000 people that got to live because of that. Not very efficient, eh?

Best to stay alive, spread the word, THEN die!

• Yup, i would in a heart beat.

• As opposed to leaving the button and letting 4300000 die? Lesser of the two evils man, lesser of the two. Hit the damn button.

• I would look for another solution.

• You would risk a 100% loss isteasd of just taking the 8% risk

• Loss

• I wouldn't risk pushing a button if there were other solutions. People might say there aren't but what do they really know anyway.

• If one of the dead ones was me.

• Only if it was my job.