This is a poll for anyone, are you religious, and do you have mental illness?

• Religious, no mental illness
  • Religious, mental illness
  • Not religious, no mental illness
  • Not religious, mental illness

Most Helpful Girl

• and do you have a mental illness. lmao

Most Helpful Guy

• I would also question people's education level in regards to religion.

I venture to think that the majority that believe in some fictional being in the sky don't have a higher education. Much like the supporters of Trump (and I'm not joking about that - the majority of his supporters don't have higher education).

... I also wonder, why when one people claims to be talking to an imaginary person, he/she is sent to a psychiatric hospital, but when many people claim to talk to an imaginary person they go to church.

What Girls Said 14

• Not religious but have a mental illness.

• Voted A

• No and yes. I don't see the correlation between the two.

• I'm not religious and I don't have any mental illness.
    I don't see what's the connection between these two things.

• I'm just wanting to see if there's any correlation between believing in oblivion and having mental illness

• Ok. Well, then it makes sense. Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

• I'm not religious or mentally ill. I don't think you'll find a connection here. Religious people aren't crazy. They just have faith in a higher power. I actually admire that on a certain level.

• No, the correlation I'm looking for is more mental illness among atheist community, due to no afterlife "safety net"

• I am religious but I have no mental illness

• Unless being so goddamn amazing that no one can even fathom my awesomeness is a mental illness, then no.

• I'm not affiliated with either of these.

• I'm religious. Does anxiety count? That's my only problem

• Oh fuck.. depression is a mental illness. D. (Voted C cause I forgot)

• Voted A. What's the correlation between these two things?

• I voted C.

• not religious. multiple mental illnesses.

• Religious, no mental illness

What Guys Said 13

• I'm s Christian though I'm not religious, and suffer no outward signs of mental illness. How 'bout you?

• I am a Wodanist and I have what the psychiatrist describes as a "major depressive illness".
    I suspect that there is also more than touch of PTSD.
    Why the question?
    Do you believe that there is, or may be, a connection between a spiritual belief and mental illness?

• I believe there is a link between religion and lack of mental illness, and I've believed this for a while, I'd just like to check

• mental illness and education/brains is irrelevant to someone beleiving in God

christians are said to be way more happier, healthier and live loner due to this than anthiests. proof is out there were meant to beleive in God and that thers a better nd already desgned way to live.

• I am religious and have no mental illness.

• Not religions but have mild epilepsy.

• I wouldn't trust the results of B or D. I voted C

• On a related note I think the idea that believing in god does not necessarily mean you apply the same tenants to your life. "People are better then their book", "Cognitive dissonance is the reason your brain doesn't fry like an egg" and "Evolution tends to select against bad logic"

• I picked A.

• lol, great title

• I am not religious and I have ADHD

• My theory was that Jesus smoked way too much weed one evening and started writing down all the trips he was having.

• Religious and I'm fine.

• D, but why?

• It's not a religion, it's a lifestyle. And I don't have a mental illness.