Should I ask her to prom?

One of my close friends from the Academic decathlon team I'm on may be attracted to me. I have noticed small things such as holder her hand on mine whenever possible, constantly poking my and hugging. She normally hates hugs but comes up to hug me. I have contemplated it and I may have begun growing an attraction to her as well. Would it be a wise decision to ask ear to prom?
Bonus: How would you recommend that I ask her to prom? Nothing fancy.

I should have clarified, I would be asking as a friend, nothing romantic.
Final update: I enjoyed prom. Neither she nor I enjoy dancing but we had fun talking.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• yes and walk hay insert name i was wondering would u like to go to prom with me

• I'm curious! How did it go?
    I hope you don't mind me asking.

• Sure why not?
    "Hey /insert name, wanna go to the prom with me?"

What Guys Said 2

• Answer to this is always yes. If you feel like you should ask someone, ask them. Don't be like me, because I asked nobody, and I fucking regret it.

• I'd ask her to prom because even if she doesn't like you like that you can still go as friends and have a good time

• I should have clarified, it would be me asking as a friend.

• I would still ask her. I'm going to prom with a friend and a lot of people I know went to prom with a friend and enjoyed it