Why so many hate on Christians when we simply want to get the true gospel of Jesus Christ out (not the Mormon book lie, nor the quran or catholic)?

me for example, i preach on youtube and fb, if so many people don't care about Christianity, why take out anger and hate on the preacher for something they don't care about? sounds to me like secretly they DO care

Most Helpful Girl

• because look at what u just said.
    why do u find the need to say others are wrong? just why? Its great that u have ur own beliefs and that u believe in God and all, but there's a line man, you can't expect everyone to believe in what u believe. The only thing u do when u are trying to convince people is scare them away, no one likes people that tries to change ur ideas, so of course they care.
    the best way to show God is not through criticising or just talking, the best way to do it is through ur actions, just show God's love in whatever u do, and not criticising is a great way to do so. You dont need to say oh i believe in God, so I'll help this person, just do it and if someone asks about ur beliefs, then cool, tell them what u believe in, but never say things like "u'll go to hell, if..." because u dont know that.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, Catholics ARE Christians.

Secondly, when they say they "don't care", they mean that they don't care who does what. They just want to be left alone.

Third - and this builds on the last point - evangelization is not solely or even PRIMARILY about teaching the Gospel in some kind of didactic way (apologetics). It's about sharing the Truth with people as YOU have come to experience it. In order to do that, you have to build personal relationships first. You have to build rapport and credibility. If you are going to announce the Gospel on some large scale, i. e., Facebook, YouTube, or GAG, you have to be involved with the community first. People have to get to know you. Sure, you can identify yourself as a Christian, but that doesn't mean force people to hear it.

For example, I'm currently working on a three-part myTake series on how to help guys stop watching porn. The first two parts are primarily from a secular perspective. The third part will address what I say in the first two parts from a theological and metaphysical perspective. At the end of the second part, I'm going to tell everyone "this is what I'm going to say next. You can take it or leave it. I'm only saying it because without it, I will not have said all I've wanted to." You have to say what you need to, but give people the option. Remember, YOU are not going to save them, especially if they don't understand or think that they need to be saved. All you can do is tell them the Truth and then give them the option whether or not to accept it. If they don't, then leave them be. You won't be able to harass them into belief. Guilt and shame won't be what changes their heart.

You need to be able to identify people's most immediate concerns in their own lives. You can't just listen for a minute or two to someone telling about their abusive relationship, their employment struggles, or their family difficulties and then just say "well, pray about it and read the Bible". By all means, tell them that you'll pray for them. As you get to know them better, THEN you can ENCOURAGE them to pray on their own and read Scripture and INVITE them to come to church with you.

And for what it's worth, attacking other faiths and beliefs is NOT going to help your case for Christ at all. Not one bit.

• catholisism is NOT Christianity. watch the 2nd video from the top I linked for someone else. then you may understand. but if you wish to be ignorant of the truth, that's your choice

• I already said to watch the video that I linked to some other person on here. but i'll just link it to you too

What Girls Said 8

• "not the Mormon book lie"... I am not a Mormon , but if that is the kind of comments you make, maybe they don' t listen because they view you as disrespectful. You will not get people to listen to you or your points across, if you are disrespectful and tearing down other peoples faith and beliefs.

It's okay to talk about your faith to others, and try to encourage them to listen , but not by trying to disprove their faith as invalid and an unacceptable way to worship to God.

• If you remove bricks from house.. one by one , because they don't fit or are broken , and you don't replace them with new ones that do fit... the house would come crashing down until there's nothing left standing. So your work would be futile

So it is the same with religion, if you are taking away parts of someone's religious beliefs because they don't fit into ""true" Christianity , then you need to give them something in it's place. Something to trust and have hope in. If you don't , then your preaching is futile, because the person may lose faith in God and religion all together. You will be held accountable for that. So whatever teaching you take away , it needs to be replaced with something more trustworthy.

• Catholics are Christian. We are the first Christians. Orthodox are the second. Protestants and the rest are descended from the Catholic Church. " we believe in one holy Catholic and apostolic church".

• One time Mormons came by my house, but I was blasting my rock music, you should have seen how fast they took off. I hate when other religions try to shove their faith and beliefs in me, I know they are trying to get me into heaven, but really I really have no interest in that.

• Well, you're enforcing something that not everyone is okay with. Think of a food or drink you aren't interested in. Now imagine someone forcing you to swallow it.

I'm not saying those who DON'T want to listen dislike Christianity, it's just, not everyone is into the same cause as you. Imagine the LGBTQLMNOP community trying to make you have sex with a man. Not your thing, tight?

• there is no truth to the books any more they have been re written so many times and the writers put their own spin on the book. the practices you all have are stolen and adapted to suit your needs but this is the way the world is its something that needs to be excepted.

• Unless you have actually read either of those books or been to a Catholic church how can you determine their truth? The tone of your question sounds exactly like the hate you accuse others of having.

• I hate Christians I love God nd all but Jesus Christ u hav to go all in *spreads oils and water everywhere says*satan democracy Jesus forbid the hidden kingdom Blau blah blah thays CREEPY

• if you love God but hate your brother, then how can you love someone you have never seen? (you have never seen me but if we were to meet in person, or perhaps a picture as a visual)

love your neighbors as yourself. or how could you love God cuz God loves all

• I don't hate people who believe lies, I just hate the lies that they believe

What Guys Said 17

• 1. Referring to everyone else's beliefs as wrong before you even know what it is. Saying someone else's deeply held beliefs are incorrect just because they aren't what you believe is rather insulting. The entire reason so many people don't want to hear about "the one true religion" (Despite the fact that all religions claim this) is because it comes with a baseline "everything you believe is wrong and I'm here to tell you why".

2. The Crusades, The Dark Ages, The Quakers, Sexual Repression, "Original Sin", The Inquisitions, etc. There is a long history of wrongdoings by those that are (claiming to be) Christians. Heinous acts committed in the name of a God who preaches kindness to your fellow man. From the massacre at Acre almost 1000 years ago, the 200 year race war known as the Crusades (The reason Muslims still don't get along with the Western world), the 100% conversion rates of the Catholic Spanish Inquisition (because anyone who refused to convert was killed), even to the newly legislated bill in the US that allows businesses to discriminate because their God (who preached caring for all of your fellow man and treating all with respect) says it's ok.

3. Disinterest. This one is just a basic rule of sales. Expect 10% of people to care about what you're saying, the other 90% will be either too busy or not have any interest.

4. Much like I said in #1, their beliefs. Their convictions and beliefs in what happens after you die are probably just as strong as yours are. If they are from the Eastern world, such as China or Japan, they are likely Buddhist. They believe everything in their religion just as much as you believe everything in yours. Claiming to know better is audacious to them.

There are a lot of reasons that a person would not be interested or not believe what it is that you preach, but to be hateful about it is not necessary. I apologize if people are being pointlessly hostile, because there is no reason to be rude just because of a difference of opinions.

• There are two reasons for atheists to hate religion

Indoctrination: you can try argue that you 'chose' your religion if you want, but that's bullshit. Few people actually choose their religion. Their religion is implanted into their brains before they are old enough to ask questions, and as such it becomes a core part of their identity. It's all they know. Preaching to adults is one thing, telling a child that God exists, that heaven and he'll exist, they're going to believe it just as they believe you when you tell them Santa is real. They aren't capable of questioning it. It is brainwashing and there's no other name to call it.

Degrading/controlling society: for all the nonsense that the religious choose to spout about morality, religion is divisive and leads to violence. How many people have been killed by this ISIS group? Christians, Kurds, Shiites, homosexuals, they are all targets. Don't try to dispel the notion that religion leads to violence, groups like ISIS exist exclusively because of religion and once they're gone another group of religious fanatics will pop up somewhere else and start butchering innocent people in the name of God. As if fanatics weren't enough, garden variety religious people try to shove their religion on us through the force of the law. They believe that their morality system is the absolute truth and that everyone must abide by it. They believe they should tell us how to live our lives, what we should think, what we should teach out children. Does anyone think Saudi Arabia provides a good example for how we should live our lives?

And at the end of the day, your version of God and the 'absolute truth' has no more ground to stand on than the Mormon lie.

• a lot of people with religious upbringing who renounced that faith as they got older. a lot of anger there, but I'd say the majority do it because they sense judgement from the Christian community viewing themselves better than everyone else. And I kind of have to agree with that assessment. There are a lot of Christians that have an "I'm better than you" vibe because they don't drink or don't sleep around or whatever the category.

It's funny to me tho, when a christian guy who isn't good with girls anyways says he doesn't want to have sex with girls before marriage and says other guys who are good with girls shouldn't either. That's just laughable.

• The reaction of people is probably more of a reflection of their own insecurities.
    I am not a Christian. I am a Wodanist. I do not care whether or not someone is a Christian, even though Christians tortured, murdered and generally persecuted my kind for 1,600 years.
    When someone who has been conditioned since birth to think that Christian values and morals are the correct way to live, but they are not living in that way, they find it to be extremely confronting when they hear the Gospel preached.
    Such people react with anger or even violence, because they feel threatened.
    The cultural Marxists and their useful idiots, such as the militant queers, hate Christianity because it is the foundation of Western Civilisation, which they want to destroy.

• tortured and murdered your kind a? are you talking about roman Catholicism? cuz that is NOT true Christianity

• Not just the Catholics. It was just about all version of Christinsanity.
      The last person to be burnt at the stake for the heinous crime of not loving Jesus was murdered in 1770, in protestant England.
      The last recorded state-sanctioned murder of someone in Europe was a woman who was drowned on a dunking stool, in Switzerland, in 1826.
      As recently as the 1980s people were being charged with criminal offences for practising the old ways.

• well it wasn't true Christian then cuz the bible does say to love your enemies, and do to others as you would want done to yourself

• People don't like shit people shoved down their throats. Why don't you just keep it to yourself, and when people ask what religion you are, tell them? And IF they ask "why", then explain why.

Source: non-denominational Christian for life

• Because each and every Christian seems to think that every other Christian is lying! It's honestly just a huge circlejerk at this point.

• the true gospel of Jesus?
    Who says Jesus even existed?
    Who says the gospel is true?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/67seh1.jpg

• you know something tht bothers me, people like you say this but you don't really know. you're just assuming but you know what you do when you assume, right? anyway, for your information, i was not born into a chrsitian believing home (not that i know of) and my parents are not vary talkative about it as i am. they only talk bout if only i bring uo the subject. they don't nearly as much take it seriously as i do

• @Humans2LL
      Asker, read what's about converts in my reply, please.

• I see, but for atheists like ricard dawkings, he uses that argument and e is saying it to a croude or someone he's debating with (but chances are he doesn't know the person on a personal level)

• chances are very very high you dont know the true history of the bible - christian and cathloic - there's A LOT you dont know I've been a christian and going to catholic and christian churches since i was a young boy and guess what in 25 years since being born i was never taught ANYTHING about the true history of the bible. until 5 years ago. the bible as you understand it is like 15-20% of what there is to know.

• currently i probably know around 65-70% of what there is to know.

• people have been taught a different version of the bible because you are human capital

• being a soldier isn't neccessarily bad - but you're not... as valuable as you think u r - ur just supposed to think u r...

it comes down to just this - YOU are jesus christ and you know god by "praying" to him through the temple - the human body. and thats it you are saved by knowing who god is - god is you. more accuratly you are a part of the "whole".

thats all that ill say to you.

• Because you're smug, condescending and dismissive.

• From what I can tell it's your methods not your beliefs that people have the most issue with. You're attacking other denominations and religions. Use positive reinforcement not negative.

• I am not religious, and door to door preachy people annoy me. But the amount of hatred by atheists and leftists of Christians is shocking. Compared to what is going on in the Muslim World, even the most fanatical of Christians are absolutely tame.

• If god is all the is and all there isn't. There is nothing you can worship or believe that is not god. Religions, science, trees, leprechauns' it's all GOD

• Atheists have nothing better to do, so they bitch and complain.

• that's something that bothers me. if they do not believe in God, then why spend the energy to reject and blaspheme God (who they say they don't believe)?

• Modern Christianity is not the Gospel of Jesus.

• Most fail to realize this. It sad as his teachings are the only thing of value in all the abrahamic religions

• @cjmtherfcker The original teachings of Paul, and Jesus, assuming he existed, are nothing like modern Christianity. There's a huge historical gap in our knowledge and we'll never know what the earliest Christians believed. We only know what the mainly 'orthodox-catholic' sect believed, beginning in the early 2nd century, even though we know that there were many different sects which have not survived.

• Because god isn'r real and christians are nothing.

• It's normal, maybe even human nature, to hate those who have different beliefs than oneself. I think some people may have a "hate" gene. It causes them to hate those with different beliefs. All religions and political ideologies have members who are just hateful.

• The "true gospel of Jesus Christ" was written at least 50 years after he died by who we have no real way of knowing. It is at best a translation from Jesus' original words spoken and recalled in Aramaic into Greek then into English. If you know anything about translation you will understand all but the broadest meaning in a text is lost or altered by such a process.

To believe the Gospel as we have it is the exact (and complete) word of Jesus is to believe in a miracle before you even start.