Socks, do women care?

I've always worn white socks all my life and thought nothing of it at all. My ex found it weird for a grown man to wear white socks. Is this true? Do you find it weird or was that just her preference? Just curious, I could care less, socks are socks lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shouldn't wear white socks when wearing business or business casual attire. It looks silly. You should always wear dark socks that match your outfit. They can be patterned but should be tasteful and must always match your attires colour scheme.

But when you're just wearing casual clothes in your day to day at life outside of work, doesn't matter at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're wearing athletic shoes white socks are normal.

Most other shoes... Yeah whites probably not appropriate.

What Girls Said 27

• I could care less. Unless you're doing something odd to make them obvious, like wearing socks with sandals or something, I highly doubt anyone is going to notice or care about what color your socks are.

• Nah, I don't really care. I like when my boyfriend wears dorky socks but I don't think that white socks would bother me at all... I wear lighter coloured socks sometimes, or white with different colours on the heels and toes.

• I dont think there is anthing wrong , especially when he is wearing sneakers. They absorb sweat and keep your foot cool , especially if they are cotton. I wear socks when I wear my old navy's or converses and I've been told that I shouldn't for a grown woman.

• My Dad (almost 60) wears dark colored socks: navy, forest green, black, brown, grey etc. , but my brother (24) and boyfriend (23) wear white socks.

• Wtf? He could have Spongebob socks, and I won't care lol
    I agree, socks are socks. I can' say for sure, but she might be in the minority.

• Why are there so many silly rules around masculinity like if you wear pink your life is over and now white is off limits? People need to chill.

• I don't see any problem with it. And I don't see why it would be weird.
    So, I guess that it was just her preference.

• Never given socks that much thought. As long as they're clean.

• I don't care about socks. I don't even care if one sock is black and the other pink. Nobody got time to care about that shit.

• I don't like white socks, but don't really care what you wear on your feet

• I'm the same as you socks are socks my husband only wears black but that's so the grease does not show

• What does it matter what colour your socks are? Their job is to keep your feet clean and warm. As long as they do it, i don't care if they sprout a rainbow.

• could not care less...

• um ya, if he doesn't at least wear cute and fashionable socks 3 days a week then it's OVer

• I don't care, i just personally would never wear white socks, but i don't really care about anyone else wearing em

• If you are wearing black shoes, you should wear black socks. Otherwise white socks are fine.

• It doesn't bother me... as long as you don't wear socks with sandals xP

• Your ex is the one who is weird. How cares? it's just socks, it's just a piece of clothing what's the issue?

• Haha nope. it's not weird. I don't care about colour of socks.

• that's not weird at all

• I don't care. You wear white socks, green socks, black socks, or whatever you want.

• I don't give no fucks about socks. I only wear white ones too, so?

• It doesn't matter tho? How is this a big deal?

• Means nothing to me.

• We don't care. It's just her

• I agree with you, socks are just socks.

• It's not weird, that asessment is too harsh :)

What Guys Said 6

• I am the same as you. Don't see anything weird about it and don't think people really care. She probably just one of very few girls who has an interest in guy socks. No big deal.

• I think it just became a thing - There is no reason for it but I have always had a subconscious thing the only time you wear white socks is with lsneakers or during sport.

• Indeed, white socks have been even more taboo than speedos a few years ago. Go figure.

• I only own black socks because most jobs that I've worked require them, and I already cbf buying other socks

• I buy cool socks because I like to look good for myself

• It is weird to care. Maybe she has some fetish on certain types of socks.