Are you scared of wasps?

Are you scared of wasps?
I'm terrified of them. I was doing a research paper for school and I heard a loud buzzing in my ear. Turns out a wasp was trying to get in my room through the window. *Shudder* I screamed got all my stuff and got out my room. Ugh. Now I have to concentrate all over again.

I hate them. Sure bees actually do positive things for the environment, but wasps? They're just here to troll. 🐝 I'm scared of anything with a stinger.

• Yes, I am scared of wasps.
  • No, not really.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh lordy lordy, I hate that buzzing noise. Always trying to come close to you and buzz around lol. Quite ironically I used to not be afraid of bees at all when I was young. I use to actually sort of pet them while they were on flowers and nothing ever happened, never got stung. Actually they use to barely even notice

On a side note, a Japanese Giant Hornet is a cross that simply should never have happened. A group of 30 can decimate a full nest of 30,000 honey bees. Even chase a human for miles...

http://i.imgur.com/kujJEfo.jpg
    assets.vice.com/.../2vYNIdd.jpg
    cdn.earthporm.com/.../gianthornet2.jpg

• yeah those are ugly ones...

Though what happens if only one of them sting you?

• @Vesuvius87 If you get stung by one its probably bad news... for a couple of reasons

These Japanese hornets have a very potent venom compared to other bees or wasps. They inject cytolytic peptide which dissolves skin. They also have a neurotoxin in their sting which essentially shuts down your body. And another issue is they have chemicals in their sting that also attracts other hornets, bees and wasps to attack you. These live in nests of about 30 or so. One sting is not enough to hurt you really, but if you get multiple stings which is likely you will have enough poison in you that's probably a lethal amount. getting stung by one doesn't just leave a little sting, since it dissolves skin they it turns into large holes lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I hate them. One day I even hide myself behind a guy I hate cause he was not afraid of them at all.

What Guys Said 35

• I'm not terrified of them. But, yeah, if I see a wasp, my fight or flight goes off like a warning thing on a submarine. You know what I'm talking about? Those red, flashing lights and that specific sound. Then I go get some wasp killer and spray the fuck out of it.

http://img.memecdn.com/This-is-a-wasp_o_47234.jpg

• WASPS? (White Anglo Saxon Protestants) :-o
    Hell yes, they frighten me!
    They 'gave' us G-W Bush, Reagan, Trump, Cruz, McCarthy.
    I prefer hornets or bees to these.

• Anything that flies
    Anything that stings
    Anything that moves is evil. BURN THEM!

Those creepy bastards keep smashing at my door and windows during afternoon. Last year my area was under-attack by wasps. Forest department took 2-3 hours to clear the area. Locked down in one tiny room for 3-4 hours. Still my dad got stung multiple times.

Thank god those bloody hornets are rare here but these fucking wasps and few species of bees are countless. My college building had theirs nests all over it. Here few species are even poisonous.

• Nope I'm not afraid of bee's wasps or anything like that, and really for the most part both will leave you alone if you show them no fear and what I mean by that is actually not feeling any fear whatsoever because they can smell fear hormones in your body and that's what makes them go after you and attack you.

Do not be afraid and they will not attack, I actually like watching them buzz around lol.

• no, because they don't do anything unless they are frightened of you and wanna defend. So if you stay calm and don't do hectic movement, then the likelihood that something happens is very low.

I have pretty much every year a next in my roof, so I have them all the time in my room. But the only time I ever got stung is when I stepped on one as little kid...

but I know that in the US there are some more aggressive species

• I got stung on the freaking forehead not too long ago by one of those little monsters. There wasn't even warning, just a noise and a feeling like a needle being jabbed into my head. Luckily I put toothpaste on it immediately, and that soothed much of the burning and helped.

• Scared is maybe not the good word but I hate them... and since many people are allergic to them they can do lots of harm indeed :o

• Nope. We have tons of wasps around here and also had a hornet nest a few years ago. Never got stung a single time. They are chill, if you are.

• Nah I am not are you?

• i'd prefer to be stung by a wasp... you don't have to pull out the stinger...

downside, t hey could sting you multiple times

• Yeah they're scary -_-

• I've been trying to blow smoke into this box full of hornets, you know, so i can get their honey, but they just keep stinging me in the mouth.

• Some are great folks. Some want to hang you. Some are meh. They are animals like you and me

• I get super crazy around them... I start throwing stuff at them at first sight... Never been bitten... And never will be... As long as there is life in my body & a pair of legs :D 😂

• Killer Bees are worse. Also the Bald-Faced Hornet and the Asian Giant Hornet. Nah Wasps are just like normal Bees. Leave them alone, they will not attack. Killer Bees, Bald-Faced Hornet, and the Asian Giant Hornet attack for no reason.

• Kind of
    That's why I kill them when I see them :P

• Dead wasps release a chemical that atracts more wasps just saying

• yes i am because if i get stung there is a good posibley i will have to go to the hospital

• yes they sting pretty hard. especially if they sting you in hazardous places like your eye

• I don't like bees either. Anything black and yellow makes me nervous.

• A wasp cracked a window at my house once

I DESPISE THEM

• Are your windows sugar glass.

• your house sounds really fun if you got all those animals in there and more trying to join the party

• @COCOCHANEL Lol ya

TOO BAD ONLY NON-TERTIARY CONSUMERS ALLOWED UP IN THIS BITCH

• Scared of them? I don't like getting stung, if that answers your question.

• I'm definitely not afraid of wasps.

• I'm not scared of wasps but I hate bees.

• I'm scared of bee's, wasps, and thing that flies that attack people.

• Maybe the giant wasps from East Asia, but no the tiny North American ones.

• All insects like that I hate! I will run like a bitch from a wasp or bee or hornet! Nothing else scares me like those things

• Nope I'm not afraid of insects like that.

• No, but I know not to fuck wit 'em.

• Nope

• Wasp

Or white baptists? lol

I hate the wasp bug

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 31

• Didn't used to be scared of them... until I was mowing the yard and mowed over a nest of them on accident. I ran and ran but they were too fast. Burrowed into my socks and wouldn't stop stinging over and over, got me everywhere. When I made it into the house and slammed the door, they forced themselves through the cracks in the door jamb to continue to follow me into the living room, where they went after the dogs too.

They are not Satan's pets. The devil himself is THEIR plaything.

• well seeing as one time i got stung by the same motherfucker 3 times in a row in my sundress because it just decided to fly in my window at a red light, HELL YES! i run screaming from wasps like a tiny child. i am scarred ok

• scared shitless. I'm really bad.

• No not really. Why the hell are you near wasp?

• They're dirty mofo's. I don't mess with them, but most often they mess with me if I walk too close to their turf (i. e., a bench)

• Yeah, they freak me out. One of them was on the car door the other day. I hopped in the passenger side and slid over to avoid it. xD

• I'm actually cool with them and even hornets. Maybe that's only because I've never been stung by either though..

• Hornets are ughhhhhhh they look creepy as hell

• I remember that day in summer when one landed on my bread with jam which was literally right in front of me (I had been chilling outside) but I think I reacted wisely just leaving it on the plate and going back inside. I feel like insects like these just react so aggressively if they feel threatened by you for some reason, so I just never give them one and I always got away perfectly fine.

• I just calmly walk away if I see one. If I don't bother them, then they won't bother me. So my answer is B.

• Yes, I am. They make me nervous.

• Yeah, I don't like bees nor wasps. I still can't get over the time I got stung as an 8 year-old child by a bee.

I used to like them during my early childhood but ever since then, I hated them. Plus, yes I'm also scared of them.

• I think bees are way more terrifying..

• Lol no, if a swarm was chasing me then of course, but not a single wasp.

• I'm deathly terrified of them.

• Yes. Scared of bees, wasps, anything like that lol

• Yeah! And bees are cute though real close up XD. Looks like they are wearing fur coats haha

• i'm not necessarily scared of them, i just don't want to be stung

• I don't like either around me but I guess a bee sting isn't as different as me getting my nose pierced

• i'm afraid

• No not really.

• Yes!!! Just get a container and fill it with vineager and ta-da. No more wasps!

• I was stung by a wasp. It was so painful
    So yea they scare the shit out of me

• Not really I killed soo many when I was young lol!

• Yes!! I am terrified of wasps

• I am allergic to both bees and wasps so yes I'm scared of them

• Yes scared of wasps and bees.😵😱

• Heck yes, I scream like a little girl when I see one

• Both bees & wasps terrify me. D:

• The buzzing sound makes me shudder.

• Nope not at all.

• Hell yeaaaaaaaaaa -.-

• More from Girls
    1