Has anyone told you that a ego, tons of confidence, and a driven personality are terrible things to have? What you said to them afterwards?

There have been people that told me that a ego, tons of confidence, and a driven personality are all terrible things to have. I just said to them that you need all three to succeed in the world and get to the top.

Most Helpful Girl

• People have said I have too much of a bit of an ego.
    But I used to hate myself so much, so I don't really give a shit about what they think. haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. I mean, I've heard "You're really driven, if we had sex do you think some of that would rub off on me?" but no, those are all great traits as long as they do not come at the expense of other things.

• I think they guy that said it to me was a very negative person. You know that kind of people that want to crush your hopes. So I really not bother with it a lot.

• Confidence and ego are always a bit of a balance. You want to have it but you want to be the type who brings others up with you, instead of pushing them down.

That is a trait you either have or will eventually get though. Go for what you want, be passionate about it and I believe you can pull something very impressive off eventually.

What Girls Said 8

• The most important thing you need is wits. You have enough motivation and I hope you don't die in a whole if your company lose to it rivalry. If you focus to much on other company and not your own you will lose your head. Focus on rising slowly and than try to be better. You can't always compare yourself to other. You can't be rivalry to Pepsi brand can u? You have to start slow and it takes years. You won't surrive the first 3 years if you don't take things slow and with some smarts.

• i don't think you need all that to succeed. i think working hard is the most important thing.

• Lol u'll end up performing harakiri with that attitude in the world

• People that say that all three are terrible things might be not the best people. You need all three to push yourself to something great.

• I tell them to please wait while I count all the fucks and shits I don't give.

• Yes and I just tell them (in my head) to kiss it. I'm to nice to tell it them to their face.

• Was that someone work at a fast food restaurant and he/she is like 40?

• I do not care what people think about me, living a better life than most of them.

• Depends on the context. An ego is okay to have. The only time it becomes 'terrible' or rather... counterproductive, is when it drives people away. Great for working your way to the top, but when you're at the top you will find that the only people who actually enjoy your company are either A. Close relatives or B. Those you pay.

• Correction: What I described was confidence. Confidence is actually a positive attribute. Having an ego is just a really offputting attribute to most people because it is not backed by logical processes. Confidence is the belief in oneself within reasonable bounds, ego is more or less over confidence..

A confident person can claim that he can run a mile in 8 minutes.

An egotistical person claim claim he can run around the world in 8 minutes...

What Guys Said 11

• I said that's just who i am, who are you to change that, fuck off.

• No one ever said that because those are required for motivation.

• All of them are fine if they are backed up with facts/evidence/truth otherwise they just suggest arrogance and egotism and a massive lack of self awareness.

• I have been called arrogant by more than a couple of people but everyone is different so I tend to not put a lot of stock in their views. Inguess it is arrogant, but I really don't care that much what they think.

• Confidence is good and having a smidge of ego is fine but too much ego is bad for you it makes you sloppy predictable and can increase chance of mistakes being made

• Confidence is a essential to success but when someone believes they are skilled and are not it's incredibly irritating. I'm sure most people hae an inherent desire to let people know if they're really as good as they think they are.

• Those are like cliche things I've heard all my life but I heard the opposite that its good.

• Depending on who's watching you

driven stubborn
    confidence arrogance

• They haven't, but if I did I would tell them "hurry up with that big mac order would ya?".

• Yes. Myself. An ego is not a good thing to have. There's nothing to be full of yourself over, you're an evolved animal. That's not worthy of being proud of. Confidence is fine, but be confident in things which make sense. As for a driven personality, that depends on what you hope to achieve.

• Hey Gordon Gekko, take a course on "how to win friends and influence people" or something like that. It's all good, but no one will want to do business with you if you're perceived as a brash, egotistical pushy punk.

It seems like you had a "Eureka" moment, but don't have the charm or charisma to be "big" . You forgot to factor in those items, and they're door openers, effectively more important than anything.

• Not a pushy punk expect if you were my rival. I destroy my rivals. I'm a leader and everyone can see it. I will be big in the world, because I want to. I want to build a company into a worldwide powerhouse.

• Cool, expect to hear from me.
      G

• I will been looking forward to it