What do you do when you're angry?

I feel like I want to scream and throw something right about now. What can I do instead? I don't want to wake my family.

Most Helpful Guy

• All kinds of stuff depending on where I am. I can...
    Punch my bed.
    Lift some dumbells.
    Listen to music.
    Find a place I can be alone for a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• Write about it. Take a pen and paper and describe your feelings, think about why you are feeling that way and then very importantly, think about ways to solve this problem and what steps you can take to get rid of this anger and to prevent it from happening again. Writing therapy can be a amazing tool.

What Guys Said 10

• Go for a walk if you can, or scream into a pillow. At least you want to let it out, a lot of people tend to stuff it down.

• I go for a drive and listen to music while driving

• It depends on what upset me , if it's a person I get quiet and usually walk away. if it is something I'm working on that I can not get a part, get a hammer if that doesn't work get a bigger one when all else fails get a gas torch and a sludge hammer

• I use to throw stuff and yell/scream when I'm angry. Now, I just be confrontational or just speak out and walk off.

• video games.

• punch walls.

vent to people

• meditation and breathing excersices helsp me

• fume silently... and wait for the evil mood to pass

• Break things

• Ah anger. Lucky me that I can suppress it and bury it inside of my own head. Not that one of this days it won't burst out in an uncontrollable rage... But till then here are few tips.

- breed in and out till you relax
    - play some moonlight sonata

What Girls Said 10

• I usually go for a run, it works real wonders for me

• Type my thoughts angrily. Seriously it works- I use the notes app on my laptop and just type type type and whatever I think goes into my fingertips. It feels so good when you're done ranting and see a ridiculous amount of thoughts on the screen.

• I scream to my pillow and turn off the lights

• Cry lol

I'm weird like that. I hardly ever cry when I'm sad, but when I'm frustrated or angry I end up crying and that just makes me more frustrated or upset lol I hate it!!

• I get very quiet. Sometimes cry I don't know, depends on the situation.
    Usually keep it inside though.

• I scream or I take a nap. I listen to music or I call up my best friend and talk with him.

• i scream and throw stuff at my walls until i have no energy left. then i pretty much just collapse onto my bad gathering all the blankets and pillows and cry into them until i can't cry anymore. then i'm usually so exhausted that i fall asleep. so that basically happens every day. i could use a new method.

• I just wanna scream, punch and break things to let out my aggression. Which I do, I also take it out on others unfortunately

• I run. I write. Or sit with myself and meditate. Try to think about it as a third person.

• I write. I write a lot.
    Sometimes I punch things/the walls of my room. Other times I go out and run. I run even if it is 2 am.