Why do militants always appear a lot more older than their actual age?

I always noticed this, people who serve any military branch always appear at least 10 years older than their actual ages. compare to people who aren't militants their faces always look dried and wrinklier. my cousin who is six years younger than me join the marines in 2012 and ever since then he himself has gotten extreme amount of wrinkles in just these our years alone. at first I thought it was maybe all the hell they go through during war but now I've realize that even those who have never been deployed also appear older and unhealthier.

but oh well what could be the cause of this? is it all the stress they go through during training? lack of sleep? too much drinking/smoking (militants do get stereotyped a lot for this)?

four*

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Militant = combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods.