GAGERS, this is your new car what do you think?

@Iron_Man @XoxoXxx @SunnyCaliGirl @ConsultantIsBack @IceEverest @Mustachekitteh @archiz

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Is that an East German Trabi from the Iron Curtain days? Oh fuck YEAH BRING IT <3 The things I could do with this...

I mean, we've still got a Packard 4M-2500 engine from the Long Beach docks sitting in the back of my daddy's shop. If we hollowed out the whole back of this bby, put enough counterweight in the front, and rigged up some industrial shocks/struts/brakes on the back wheels, we could probably drop that sucker right in and wire it through. SWT.

• Yes, that is an East German Trabi. Oh ok so you would put a bigger engine in it.

• Well, we'd mod the hell out of it, in lots of ways, if we got a body like that in the shop. But, yah, that engine tho...

It's not just any engine, it's a Packard from the PT boat fleet in World War II. Couple of my brother's friends who work at the docks found it in a gutted Quonset hut that was slated for demolition.
      The engine weighs about 4200 lbs (almost 2000 kg) -- hence the need for counterweight, and the need to put it in an old, solid metal body (today's fiberglass/plastic bodies are way too light). A couple hundred lbs of that is gunk and corrosion, but even squeaky clean it'll still weigh something like 3900 lbs (1800 kg or so).

Might need a whole new chassis/frame to support that much weight, but, now we're just getting ahead of ourselves. lol

• Lol yeah I think it would need more support and I do not know as much about American cars as cars from other countries.

• The sound reminds me of pop corn popping 🍿🍿🍿🍿 but send that to the junk yard where it belongs get a ford instead 😛

• kill me now.

• ow hell nah :P

• ya ok cool what eves

• um it better have air con and power steering

• Mmm naah. :D

• It's a cool car, I can go with that 👍

What Guys Said 13