At what point did you stop caring what your parents think?

I found myself not caring.
what made me stop is that I'm old enough to know what is good for me and what they want/their plans for me is not what makes me happy. So I've been following my own dreams even though it disappoints them. And I feel great doing it!
when did you stop caring?

What Girls Said 2

• I will probably always care. But now their opinions are just that - opinions. Not the automatic final decision.

• I haven't yet, and I may not until they die.

What Guys Said 1

• When me and my step dad had our first and only fist fight over some petty BS that didn't even matter and I put him in the hospital. I became my own decision make from that day on

• How old were you?

• 16 at the time. The ole man had a a family run Buisness. A lot of lifting and such. I started work in it at 9 years old , he was the slave driver type that despite how hard you work it wasn't enough. I worked pretty hard and got fairly husky at a young age , I dwarfed all the other kids my age in build. Anyway , we were working one day and he was in his usual mood ( pissy ) and he was yelling at me and I was gritting my teeth to get him to leave it be. Instead of leaving well enough alone he came over and pushed me... Wrong thing to do. I lost it and busted wicked and beat him to a pulp