What's the worst birthday you've ever had?

Today is my 18th birthday. This morning I woke up to rain. I always joked around about having bad weather ever birthday as a bad omen. I was putting on my shoes this morning and my shoelace snapped in half. I laughed it off as another "omen" and went on with my day. I got in my car and started making my way to school. While I was on the road, traffic came to a stop in the middle of the road and the rain on the roads made them slick. My brakes failed me and I rear ended the car in front of me. The woman I hit wasn't hurt, and other than a small scrape, her car wasn't damaged. My car took the most damage. The cop that helped us realized it was my birthday and decided to give me a warning ticket. After the woman I hit calmed down, she agreed to settling the situation ourselves and felt sorry for me. I was really shaken up and still feel really guilty about hitting her. What's the worst birthday you've experienced?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was really comfy during my worst birthday, and then suddenly some guy grabbed me and started pulling at me. I kicked and I screamed, but then this bright light was shining in my eyes and a bunch of dudes with masks were holding me. Hell, one of them even slapped my arse!
    Alas, that's being born I suppose.

Most Helpful Girl

• this year I had a terrible birthday, it was mainly because I'm a fucking bitch

my friends and I planned going to a nightclub
    sam is not friends with alina, so I was planning to go with Sam since she's more into nightclubs.
    Then I received a message from julian, alina's brother. He invited me to a house party in his house lol I like Julian sooo much because he's hot, and he was texting me to invite to his house party, so I was like... fuck the club, let's go with Julian, who is now single lol. Sam couldn't go to his house party because she's not friends with Alina.

Sadly, Julian had problems with his parents who were in germany, they found out he wanted to make a party so they cancelled it.

Julian apologized and everything but I already cancelled the club thing. So no house party and no club.

I ended up inviting my friends (who were available, some made plans since i cancelled) to a bar. I got some wine, I smoke some cigarettes to calm myself down and I danced a bit.

It was bad because it wasn't what I wanted.

• I cried in the morning because everyone was cancelling.

I had lunch with my mom in playa del carmen so I was one hour late for the bar (the bar was in tulum, one hour away from playa del carmen).

My mom was super mad at me because I told her I wanted to be with friends and not with her, I told her we would hang out the next day.

It was a freaking terrible birthday, and it's all karma. I love being a mean bitch, tho.

• these are like the least mexican names ever!

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau sam and i we're mexican

alina and julian are german

What Guys Said 11

• it was my 20th birthday and it was while i was in italy. i met this dude and we were hanging out and shit. i invited him to hang out with me and this chick who i knew from the school we were going to. you know, have some fun. meet new people. well, about 15 minutes into us walking around town, i realized the person who was the mutual friend, me, became a 3rd wheel. so i peaced and went about the rest of my day virtually by myself doing shit like going to the beach and i took the train to pompeii, which was a measly 2 hour ride. i get back and dumb ol' me forgets my key to my apartment that day. i couldn't find the lady who was in charge of the place, so i went to go ask the chick if i could chill at her place for the night. to my surprise, i find them and they're mackin' out in the middle of town and i didn't bother trying to break that shit up. so i was locked out all night
    https://i.imgflip.com/atg4e.jpg

so i'm locked out and have nowhere to stay, right? so i'm like "damn, bruh! i'm hungry". so luckily, a pizzeria virtually right next to where i lived was still open. ate some pizza and went to the marina. hung out there and the canabinieri come strolling in asking what the fuck i was doing. i start talking to them in italian and explaining and funnily enough, 1 of them notices me from the pizzeria. so they were like, "cool! you're a cool dude. we'll let you chill!"... then i slept on a bench in the piazza like a hobo and eventually got in the next day

• my 22nd, I had planned on going home for the weekend and even gotten the days off from work. but they were calling for a blizzard, so I decided to stay home. I spent the whole weekend alone, in my apartment, with nothing to do. I was so board I almost wanted to go to work

• Being stuck in a nut house at the age if 18 I was lucky I only stayed for 8 days

• It was a place for youth to help them find jobs I myself call it a nut house

• Because Australia is some 14+ hours ahead of the USA, and my birthday is September 12th, it was September 11th in the USA at the time and I got greeted with "Happy Birthday. Planes have crashed into the Twin Towers in the USA and killed lots of people".

• i dont even have anyone to celebrate my birthday with so i dont celebrate my birthday anymore.

• Ha, 20th,
    I was homeless.

• I'm willing to chat privately about this but i don't even know you.

• Also to @asker the world is what you make it. I on one hand love rain, a car crash like that is no problem so think of it as a blessing not a curse. In the grand scheme of things I understand though that it was a rough one.

• Birthdays are meaningless to me. I don't feel the need to be praised on the day so I never celebrate it.

• 16th b'day. I though about going trekking in the hills but it rained all day long. What's more? There was a power cut because the wind knocked down a pole. I just... slept all day.

• 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19.
    I don't celebrate birthdays.

• my last one. 2 days before I found out that the first girl that was interested in me and was dating me (but no kiss yet) had gotten a boyfriend in between. I was so down

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• oh no that's awful i'm so sorry! not the ideal birthday present there. i hope it has gotten better since then!

my worst birthday was my 12th birthday. i had been bullied pretty bad by the kids in my class, specifically the girls, for about 3 years. but on my 12th birthday, everyone left my lunch table and squeezed into the other lunch tables with no more room for me and i had to sit and eat lunch by myself. my mom was one of the volunteer lunch ladies so she was furious. but yea, it was the straw that broke the camel's back and i finally switched schools.

• 16th birthday because I got into an argument with my dad like 4 days prior and he was so angry that he wouldn't let me celebrate. Then 2 days before my birthday my mom told me to celebrate because she felt it was important but I was stubborn so I refused. Worth birthday because no one was happy.

• my 20th.

• Probably my 18th birthday as well. My dad planned a surprise party for me. No one came.

• My 14th birthday because I don't remember the exact reason but it ended with me attempting suicide and going to hospital as a result. Puberty made me very dramatic.

• yesterday.
    it sucked...
    it rained all day ( when will it stop :'( ) so i couldn't do what i planned to and i'm also getting old af

• My worst birthday was my 17th birthday. My dad was out of town and forgot, my stepmom forgot, my brothers (can you guess?) also forgot, and my mom was out of the picture. No one remembered it was my birthday except for my therapist (whoop)

• My 12th. Hit my head and can't remember it.

• My 15th birthday I had peoole forget it was my birthday.. my parents were fighting and I got ignored almost all day

• over the years I have been hit in the jaw by a cricket ball, I have been hit with a football to the nose, I slipped in the kitchen and hit my head and got a huge bump on my forehead and my birthday forgotten by my husband.
    Happy 18th Birthday

• My 19th. Nobody remembered my birthday, and my dad had to go across the country for my uncles funeral. And I got a tiny keyring teddy bear. That was pretty depressing for me, like not even my best friend rememberd :(

• Never really had a bad one. Closest is one year my dad didn't tell me happy birthday but told my brother, and we're twins.

• 8th, my parents forgot.. 16th my grandpa died.

• I would say my worst birthday is one I don't really remember, but it's when I was little and we had little games set up to play as kids... well I cheated on one and everybody got mad at me... I always expected to be a day to celebrate me and that I was born... I went to my room to cry and nobody came upstairs to comfort me. That was when the today I always try to live up to people expectations and don't try to make anybody mad at me.

• Don't remember how old I turned but my birthday was Labor Day weekend and all my friends were gone. So that birthday sucked