My parents found a blank money order please help😪😨jail im 15?

ok well 3 days ago my parents found a blank money order and yesterday my mom took the money order to the bank and deposit it into her bank account at bank of america the money order is 60 dollars and 99 cent so she signed it at the bank and now she scared the owner will report it stolen and trace the money order but she found it behind a pawn shop it was in a envelope with the receipt and the money order was blank

my mother wants to know can she got to jail and face criminal charges 😪

Most Helpful Guy

• yes she can.
    and frankly, she deserves to. What she did was theft, and it can REALLY do damage to the people who owned the money order legitimately.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's traceable and it will be traced back to her bank account if the person who issued the money order wants to know where it went. She won't go to jail over $60 but it's still petty theft and she might have to pay it back along with a fine or maybe some community service. Your mom is a thief so there are consequences if she gets caught.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes she can, it just depends on if they want to or not. They certainly figured out it went missing. It's also unlikely a story of finding it rather than stealing it will be believed, though that doesn't matter because you're required to turn in things like that you find instead of using them anyway.

What I'm more concerned with is what is wrong with someone who would risk jail time over $61.

• She won't go to jail over $61. At worst they'll ask her to pay it back.

• A crime like that would most certainly be prosecuted. Just depends if it is a misdemeanor or felony.

• I don't think so, if it wasn't signed you can't know who it really was

• If it goes in someone's bank account, they will just look at the video of the deposit. Plus, she said she signed it.

• No idea 😶
    Hope she won't
    But she shouldn't deposit it in her account

• I dont think so if it was just lying there how is she supposed to know it's blank.

• Go to jail for $60? I don't think so. You may have to pay it back though.

• Yeah, they can trace it.. It could be reported lost and or stolen and the company would try to recover funds.

• Yes, the number on the money order makes it traceable. If it is investigated, it will come back to her.

What Girls Said 3

• Money orders are very much "if you put your name on it, it's yours", especially if she found the receipt with it. It would be a civil case if someone wanted to try and charge your mother for depositing the money order. She didn't technically break any laws so there would be no way for the police to charge her criminally. Also, it's highly unlikely that someone is going to go to a ton of trouble to find out what happened to the money order they lost.

• She can if she's caught.

• Well duh, she stole someone's money. She can face criminal charges for that.

• She didn't steal it bitch found it on the ground

• Attitude much? And if you use it then you are technically stealing someone else's money.