How can I create more space on my phone?

All of a sudden my phone is so full I can't do many functions on it. I went through and deleted a ton of photos, apps, videos, emails, and texts. I also cleared the cached data. It's still too full and I don't understand why when I've gotten rid of so much. Any ideas?
It's a Samsung Galaxy S5.

So now after 24 hours, my phone suddenly realized I deleted enough stuff and went back to normal. ... not sure why such a delay. Stupid phone!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible that you don't need more space, but Android is mussed up and your phone needs a rest to get a fresh install of Android. My android box had problems running apps and was real slow, than once I did a reset with a fresh Android it's running perfect.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• figure out what takes up the most space and delete the ones you don't use

• Thats what I did. That's why it isn't making sense that it's still so full. :(

• then you obviously didn't delete enough...

• But it folled up out of nowhere and I deleted a bunch and it's still just as full.

• Looked up your phone samsung website says max 16GBs of storage so there's nothing you can do androids operation system would take up most of that so you can either get a new phone or buy a micro sd card

• Either reset it or delete as many photos / videos as these take up the most space typically

• How do you reset? Will that lose whatever I currently have on it?

• Google a way to do it with your specific phone, I have an iPhone so I'm not fully familiar with a s5. There are some methods that erase everything and some that don't. Whatever you do make sure you read ALL the directions and warnings. Or just try restarting you phone and she if your storage is giving you accurate results...

• I've restarted it like 20 times :(

• Delete stuff

• Did you read my question? I did

What Girls Said 4

• You can try to delete more things, or you can buy a memory card. Obviously if you don't have one already. If you do, you can also buy one with larger storage capacity.

• I would say reset the phone completely and start over. Or find the apps that take up the most space and delete those. When I had a Galaxy the miscellaneous files were the ones that took up the most space and I didn't even know what they were but I deleted them and that was a temporary fix.

• Buy a second phone.

• Go to downloads. Sometimes, (at least on my android) your photos that were downloaded still take up space while gone.