Why is the notification button so visually satisfying?

Does anyone else feel like this 😂? When i see the orange notification button in my notifications tab , for some reason, i feel quite excited and satisfied. Even though the notification might be something uninteresting, it's still very appealing to me, why is this? Is it something to do with the colour orange?

Most Helpful Girl

• From my limited knowledge of color theory, it might be the bright orange that is complimentary to the blue bar. And this generation has been trained to respond to notifications that appear. It's satisfying to check an update nowadays. It's pretty normal, so don't worry about it. I get excited, too, when someone comments back or something. :)

• You got me excited again... 😂😂

• This could become a vicious circle of never ending notifications 😂😂But yeah I think it must be clever use of colours!

• Well at least we'll always be excited. And I think colors and mind psychology is interesting, so... yeah. haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you know someone interacted with you.
    (well, at least in the past it meant that). And most of the times, you're expecting something positive and not like a work email, or spam or something like that.
    You definitely know that someone bothered to interact with you, either because they liked an opinion, or are completing it, or are just asking you for details (means they're interested in what you have to say)

That's what it means toto me, although lately I've enabled the other notifications, and most of the times, it doesn't mean that :( I feel like I still want those notifications, but maybe on a separate button, so that I'll still feel the way I described because someone actually interacted with me.

What Girls Said 8

• I feel ya.

• Thats very interesting!

• just for your satisfaction I commented...

• honestly, yes lol i love that colour n i think its the way it works with the blue

• yess! I get so excited when I see a new notification

• No it means u r a loner and get excited when people notice u lol jk

• It's like receiving a text message. You feel worthy. Like your opinion matters. Like your opinion was heard. Like you matter.

What Guys Said 12

• Everyone likes getting mail in this sense, we all like brown paper packages delivered to the door, it's like a surprise gift, the orange color is meant to grab your attention.

• Gag developers are aware of the psychology behind this. It's the modern day crack cocaine. Keeps you coming back for more =/

• I think some of the more popular users here cry when they see 200-300 notifications and 50+ messages lol.

• I know that feel, dude.

• Lol yah and I feel like I must satisfy the need of destroying notifications

• Here , let me satisfy you more :p

• yeah, same with me too. :D

• the thrill of knowing the next chapter of an inane, pointless internet argument has arrived!! :-D

• I do too lol

• You release dopamine when you see it.

• yeah.

• Ikr. I actually start getting hard when I see it.