At what age did you learn how to cook?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• About 10yrs old. I come from a large family, and I often helped out in the kitchen from a young age. I loved helping my mum and grandmother to cook. I love cooking for people

What Guys Said 17

• I learn to cook at age 12. My only sister moved away from home, my mother worked, my older brother was an absolute doofus in the kitchen, so it was either learn to cook or eat bologna sandwiches every day in the summers when we were not in school.

• I gave it my first shot at 13. I got my first paycheck and went to the supermarket and bought several ingredients I thought would work well together, and created a dish I still occasionally prepare 47 years later. I love to cook.

• don't remember a specific age. but i think probably around 10 or 11 my mom started showing me the ropes

• I learned to cook at the age of 25.

• I learned how to cook when I was about 12, but burned most of the stuff I tried to make.. to this day I am not a great cook.. but I can make a mean plate of bacon and eggs with toast

• I was 4 or 5 years old my mother and I used to cook together. I still do it today, cook that is, LOL

• I still can't cook only outside BBQ I am good at that

• I think 14 not sure.

• i can't :/

• Other than grilled cheese and hamburgers 17

• ehm never really "learned" it... started experimenting myself when I was 18-19

• I'm supposed to know how to cook?

• Around 9

• 13 I guess

• 9 maybe give or take a year

• Fifteen.

• I know just egg lol

What Girls Said 16

• I'm still learning! But my mom and dad have been teaching me and letting me help them cook since I was a toddler. My dad and I will still spend a day now and then making huge batches of cookies (because we are pigs when it comes to sweets). And now that I'm older my boyfriend and I look up new recipes to try making together in our little apartment when we are away at school.

• I was 7 years old. My mother taught me basic math with cooking. She didn't let me do it all by myself until I was 9.

• I am learn now!

• I still haven't...

• Basically at 19. But I knew how to make easy things like pancakes and pasta by like 11.

• Around 18 when I moved out. It kind of sucked. That's why I'm teaching my kids young.

• Around ten, I was making my own breakfast and lunch for school. My older brother usually helped me though.

• I could scramble eggs at like 8yrs old. Made my own cupcakes at like 10.

• When I was 6 years old.

• around 12. i couldn't turn on the stove myself, but i could cook things like pasta and eggs.

• I started baking at about 12 years old. I can cook.. Toast lol jk I actually started cooking at about 14 and when I get the time I love to cook.

• I'm 17 and I still can't cook.

• I started to learn around 12

• At 5-7

• The only thing I know how to bake is cupcakes, cakes, sweets like that.
    Other than that... uh, frozen waffles, toast, sandwiches

• 10 years old