Can a man and a woman be just friends?

thanks just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. It depends on the person. Me personally won't easily be friends with a girl that i'm not interested in and being interested in a girl makes the friendship only a phase. Meaning we either become a couple or we don't stay friends. But i am good friends with my first girlfriend whom is married now and has a kid. What I'm trying to say is. I won't go through the trouble of getting to know a girl as a friend if I'm not interested in her. But when I do know a girl, it is easy to become or stay friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have plenty of guy friends. It's very rare that I've been interested in any of them. I can only think of two in the last ten years, and I got over them rather quickly because I knew it wasn't a good idea. None of them have ever been interested in me.

What Guys Said 17

• Definitely. I had a few girls who I was nothing but friends with. Never had any feelings or desires to go any further with them. We lost contact when moving to different cities after high school.

• Yes, of course they can be. Why not!

• there are a few rules according to me :
    1 : one is too ugly for the other to be attracted
    2 : one of them is gay
    otherwise, being more and more intimate with one another, being friends and getting close might create certain sexual tentions... so you can be friends but at some point there is gonna be a shift

• I think so yes.

• Yes but once they have dated and broken up Its a long shot

• Yes I have had one friend who is quite an attractive girl since childhood and have always viewed her as a friend. Maybe I'm too scared to screw it up I dunno but I never really saw her in that light.

• Anyone who assumes they can't is really really sexist.

• Yes they can
    Very possible!

• i feel yes they can be just friends.

• yes, obviously xD

• Yes.

• Nope 😂
    If the man was me 😜 LOL

• Ya they can.

• Yess

• yes they can be if they are both mature and open minded.

• Yes... If they intend to

• i don't feel , as attraction is the only part bringing them together for being friends

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. Besides, I'm bi so if we can't be just friends with anyone who we may have the slightest possibility of being attracted to, I will never be able to ever have a true friend :P

• I think it's pretty fully discussed here
    http://youtu.be/i8kpYm-6nuE

• Yeah most definitely.. @BertMacklinFBI right bro?

• If neither of them catches any feelings for the other, then sure. If one of them does, it's still possible, if that person manages to move on. I've done it.

• Of course, my best friend is a guy.

• yup! Once i call a man my friend he will always be my friend.

• Nope. Not for a long time. Unless they aren't attracted to each other at all.

• Of course, I've had plenty.

• Rarely ,,, because if they have a very good friendship they'll automaticly start liking each other

• suree

• My best friend in the world is a guy, so I can assure you that is definitely possible!

• Yes, of course

• Yes they can I have many friends that are men soo...