What's wrong with my phone?

I've got a Samsung s5, which I dropped in water. And I have now completely dried it out. Most things are working now except when I have a conversation with someone I can hear them, but they can't hear me.

What have I broken and how much approx it cost to fix?

Most Helpful Girl

• Water is notoriously tough in phones it may be beyond repair. How did you dry out out? Ideally, you put it in the refrigerator or a bag of uncooked rice. Those methods help to draw out any excess trapped in moisture.

Most Helpful Guy

• did you try using a headset? if that works than it´s probably just the mic that´s broken.

now i can´t say that for sure, cause water can fuck all kind of stuff up without being directly obvious... but you can get a new microphone assembly on ebay for around 10 bucks and just do it yourself. it´s not hard to disasemble. there are lot´s of instructions on youtube. i wouldn´t go to a repairshop for this.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• If they can't hear you it means the microphone receiver isn't working. Im not sure how much it will cost tho.

• I think it's designed to be water proof? this is weird
    Are you sure it's dried completely, they say you have to put it in rice for one hour to let it dry completely..

• It was salt water.

• I'm surprised it's working at all. Salt is horrible to electronics.

When people spill their coffee on their laptops I always ask them how they take their coffee. They're always confused but if it's black coffee, there's a decent chance it'll dry out. If they take sugar in their coffee. Yeah just throw it away.

I think the same applies here. Consider yourself lucky you're getting anything at all.

• It also sometimes will only charge if phone turned off , it says something about temperature being too cold.

• Well the first problem you have is that you have a Samsung.

• u dropped it in water that's what's wrong with it -_-

• Back under your bridge troll