Should I quit a job after the first day or training?

So i just started this sales job. Im 19 with zero sales expereince. I at first thought this was a call center job... its actually door to door which is horrible and hard. I had my first training day today and i hate this job more than anything in the world. First off you have to be in a nieghborhood from 2pm to 7pm going door to door to people who immedietly turn you down. you have to sell a cable providing company. I had to say this pitch 40 times today (not even lying). They told me if i dont learn it by tomorrow they send me home. Also you have to use your own transportation and drive very very far t (i mean VERY far) to sell to neighborhoods. Should i just quit? Its physically tiring. I HATE it. And you can't make money unless you sell.

Most Helpful Guy

• Run. Run for your life. Get the hell out of there.

Unless you are a natural salesperson, this job will be hell, especially if there is no basic salary and your pay is entirely based on commission.

I had a similar experience too – I applied for and got an interview with a ‘marketing company’. I turned up and was met by a sunburned man with bleach blonde hair in a cheap suit with a tie done up so badly it looked more like a napkin. He talked at length about the great opportunities and great culture and yadda yadda yadda, and then said several of his team were heading out, would I like to go with them?

I had my car, so an experienced guy jumped in the front seat and we followed another shitty car full of young idiots (all with gelled hair, cheap business attire and obnoxious attitudes) up out of the city and into a subdivision. I accompanied this guy as we went door to door, knocking and trying to sell them a long distance plan.

In the three hours, we had ONE sale. I couldn’t believe she even accepted, since it involve letting two sketchy looking young men (us) into her house to fill in paperwork, just so she could call family in India cheaper.

Naturally, they offered me the job since it was entirely on me to make my own money. I left. Screw that. You are taken advantage of since all the costs are entirely on you, including transportation. Get a job in a restaurant or a retail store or SOMETHING that pays an actual wage.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw I feel for you babe. That's how I felt at the job I've been working at for 2 weeks. It's not what I expected and I knew that since my day 1 of working there. If the money's the issue and you hate the physical aspect of it all then you should just let it go and find something better. I'm getting shit pay at my job too but I'm gonna stick it out until the summer because I feel like it would look bad for me to leave so soon.

What Guys Said 15

• I have done something like that as well. I am far from being a quitter but I quit the very next day. It is something that is in you or not. And it is very hard like you said.

Concentrate on something that you want. There are so many jobs available that people have no idea those kind of jobs exist.

Do you know the story of "May Pang"? One day in 1969 she was walking past office of Apple. That is not the "Apple" we know today. It was the company that the Beatles had formed. She thought "let me just walk in and see if the have a job". Her friend said "NO, they don't want you". She walked in anyway and they had a job her. She became an assistant for the most famous of all times and later the personal assistant of John Lennon. And she was the same age as you are. And there more any more out of the ordinary but very obtainable jobs out there.

Just letting you know there is more than door to door selling out there.

• Yeah just let them know there was a misunderstanding on what the job description is. Especially since they made subtle threats about letting you go if you don't memorize it instantly.

• I did this for a few days as well working for a mobile telephony provider. It's a good job if you are good with people and it pays well. I couldn't make the cut however. You should definitely not take what people say to you personally.

• If they're making you use personal transportation and not reimbursing you, definitely quit immediately. If you just dislike it, just deal with it until you find something else.

• It's a losing proposition. Quit before you waste any more time.

• Not every job is easier as people think, you can leave anytime and find out an better one, unless you know what kind of job you'd like to start.

• Quit. If you only make money when you sell, I advise you to quit right now. That is a horrible business model. I can't see it being used for anything except exploiting young people who just started working to sell shit.

• Easier to find a job when you have a job. Deal with it until you find another job.

• No stick it through

• sounds like this job is nothing but a stress. you should quit and find another job

• Get out of there and let that company rot.

• No. Not until you find something better.

• No lie I literally did the EXACT same job as you 3 months ago. It was a terrible experience.

• I highly suggest that you finish the training at least so you get the xp from it and you can refer to it in interviews when asked about thing like that. With a job like that I'm sure your not the first to quite and they expect it so don't feel bad about quiting a job that you hate. When they ask why just polity say that you don't like it because you got tired xyz.

• Quit those types of jobs scam their employees.

What Girls Said 3

• Quit now!!! It's awful! I did that for a month! Soul destroying!!!

• Follow your first instinct.
    Much future luck xo

• just quit I know what its like