Domestic violence against men is overlooked and even laughed at?

We're constantly told that violence is bad, you should never inflict harm among anyone.
If a man hits another man, the man who hit should be punished.
If a woman hits another woman, the woman who hit should be punished.
If a man hits a woman, the man should be punished.
If a woman hits a man, the woman should be punished.
I believe they should all get the same sentence, there should be no gender discrimination when it comes to violence and crime.

The world doesn't seem to agree with me on the last part, though. What's the punishment if a woman hits a man? Well, let the video answer that question for you. This is one video of a few that I found.

Why is it funny? Why is violence against men by women not only ignored, but almost encouraged and seen as comical? One of the guys starts recording it, and his friend in the red joins in whilst laughing!

I don't hit men. I don't hit women. If a man hits me I'll hit back and it's okay. But if a woman hits me and I hit back, I'll be in huge trouble. I've been beaten and scratched up by girls before. Trust me, there's nothing funny about it. It's terrifying and emotionally scarring. But where's the help for battered men?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree and I'm my experience it's not true. In my state, of thr PD gets called for domestic violence, it is MANDATORY that someone go to jail.

This happened with my stepdad and his ex wife. She went crazy on him, he didn't hit her back, and SHE went to jail. 🙋

Most Helpful Guy

• Man. That dude is super lucky he didn't get fucked up bad. He was like stammering, "Oh shit, oh shit. Guys. Just kidding. Just kidding." He got dropped, but he's lucky he didn't get his nose broke or thrown through a window or something.

You know. The really fucked up part is that if a guy just defended himself from a woman who was attacking him, he'd still be the bad guy.

But yes. There is the expectation that men should be able to handle themselves against a weaker woman. And, there's another side to it, as well. Sperm is cheap; eggs are expensive. If a woman beat her man to death on the sidewalk, someone might call the cops. Eventually. But even if he died, it would be funny, irrelevant, or "Oh, that's kinda sad." Because losing a male doesn't hurt population growth. It's an instinctual thing. The man has to prove that he is capable and strong. If he's not, then he's just a burden.

There will be very little help for "battered men". My mom beat the shit out of my dad all the time when I was growing up. She had issues, bipolar with psychotic episodes. But, she would throw glass, metal, attack him with brooms. Anything that was lying around. She called them "equalizers", but she really didn't use them to equalize anything, just to attack. He didn't do anything wrong, either. She would just go crazy and start attacking him.

My dad just backpeddled every time. Kept his hands up. Got myriad cuts and bruises. I learned from that. If a chick attacks me, she's going down. Equality. Then I'll go to jail for defending myself. -.-;;

Ah yes. "Why is it funny". It's funny because no one gives a shit about males unless they've proven themselves of worth to society. Social value of women is garunteed upon birth. Social value of males is nonexistent until they prove they can contribute to society--until they prove they are worth more alive than dead. The way males prove this is through occupation and accomplishment. Incidentally, since women can also achieve and have occupations now, this leads to an even larger gap in social value. This expresses

I remember when several husbands had their dicks cut off. One wife cut her husbands dick off and threw it in the garbage disposal. People thought it was hilarious. Can you imagine what people would think if a husband cut his wife's tits off and fed them to dogs or something? There would be national outrage. Everyone would wear those yellow wristbands

What Girls Said 8

• I hate any kind of abuse and domestic violence. A woman who is abusive towards her SO should face the same punsishment as a man would. Violence is Violence, regardless of gender. I'd never laugh at any sort of abuse, towards ANYONE

• Honestly, I don't think it's okay at all. If i hit, I expect to get hit back. But the problem is the intensity. Most women can't inflict more than a bruise (unless you're like an experienced fighter or something lol) Where as men can break bones.

To I'm going to be completely honest about the video and hopefully explain it.

When the guy was abusing her my heart just sank. Not sure if it's because I put myself in her shoes or just because she would get over-powered even if she did hit back. Guys are usually bigger than women and like I said have the power to break bones, so it's really terrifying when that power is coming after you (I really wouldn't know but I'm guessing, that's what I would be scared of) So most of the people that stepped in we're probably scared for her safety.

When she was abusing him it was almost comical. It really shouldn't be, but it is. Here's this tiny woman beating up on a guy and it's almost like watching a squirrel attack a person. It's funny. You know she can't really inflict much damage so people aren't really worried. Pit bulls are scarier than chihuahuas.

There are def women out there though that can inflict massive damage and that would put battered men on the map for sure.

• Ughh.. I couldn't watch the part when the male was being physically abused and people just glanced and dismissed it. So sad.

I had some idea that that was the case, but I didn't know it was this bad.

I believe no other human should hit another. Idc if you're a female, you still have no right to abuse an other human being.

• wow, dudes, there don't have any balls. My jacked brother would've ripped the abuser guy new assholes.

• it isn't funny. it's sad. no one should have to deal with domestic violence.

• "Why is it funny?"
    It's not :/

I have seen some videos where men hit women back because "equal rights, equal lefts". Depending on what the law is where you live, you can claim self-defense.

• It's a double standard, definitely.

• I totally agree that people who attack others should be legally punished. But I've also been in situations in real life (none of this 'I saw it engineered on you tube') where the woman was forcefully subdued and everyone was on the guy's side.

I also don't think the idea that if someone gets aggressive with you, you have every right to beat the living hell out of them until they're injured. No matter who the two parties are. That's not protecting yourself, that's lashing out in anger and hurt ego. And yes, I've been punched in the face.

What Guys Said 17

• I have been a victim of this. I was physically harmed by her. Lasting eye damage was one them. But I had not touched her at all. Not before, not during and not after. I could have but I consider myself to be a gentleman.

Police got involved. But somehow the whole thing got reversed on me. I was put trough a living hell, even jailed, lost my money because of layers but she walked away without any problems. Even when they discovered her lies.

To this day I am never truly able to talk to people about this. Because I always get the question "Yeah right, what have you done?" and it becomes a joke. If I was a woman everybody would be sorry for me now and telling what a scumbag that guy was.

It has happened years ago but even when I write this I am in tears.

• One of my brothers got run through a similar thing.
      DV kangaroo court + she filed a civil suit for "emotional distress" damages, on top of it. I helped him pay his attorney's fees. Lemme tell ya, it was some shit watching him go through that.

You can pm me if you want to talk about it at all. Not sure whether you'd want to, after all these years, but, just saying.

• The worst thing in that video was that the woman who cheated was excused as an "independent woman..." Utter joke.

Anyway, people don't take violence against men seriously because they make claims that "women are weaker", "men can easily restrain her" blah blah blah...
    But the most ironic thing is that when people use the "women are weaker" excuse to go off the male violence topic, they are always the same people who will call you a sexist for saying women are not eligible to join the police force, military or even MMA.

• I have seen those social experiments before and they do seem to highlight a disturbing disregard for women on men violence by members of the public. All unjustified violence is equally wrong and should be penalised equally.

• Yeah, I've seen it. Personally I'd never put myself in a position with a girl who'd hit me. And I don't care, anybody who hits me is going to get hit back unless there's some really extenuating circumstances that could possibly make me forgive that without reprisal.

• you exactly expressed my thoughts, im so happy that you made this. all i can say is people like that who thinks violence against women is a crime and wiolence against men is a joke are big hypocrites and nothing else.

• "She's an independent woman". Are you serious right now? That part of the video actually pissed me off the most, what a joke

• Its a huge hipocrisy and I always get depressed by this fact. Our society is fucked up.

• Woman hits a man she deserves to be hit back. We ll have the right to defend ourselves.

• I've never witnessed it

• This double standard frustrates me to no end.

• Stop complainin' and lift OP.
    Ain't no woman gonna lay a thumb on yo ass.

• yeah welcome to hypocrisy my brother :P

• Wait till it starts coming out from the Muslim world.

• Lots of MRAs seem eager to get the authorization to hit women.

• World is filled with weak weak weak minded manipulative weak pathetic men and femininazis lol it's too late to save it. Look at women responses, 2 lol of course they'd ignore this.

• Woman abuse men almost as much but men are supposedc to be stronger AND not hit back. The court system will also favor women. I consider myself somewhat of a feminist/humanist but the courts are flawed as is society's view on abuse upon men. Good question.

• Feminists are to blame