Are You A Book Geek?

Haha, first of all, I don't know why I create this question. Maybe because I'm very bored and I need some 'inspirations'. LOL.

Okay. So, actually this question isn't for geeks. It's for everybody! Guys and girls, what books do you like? Share it and the reason why you like it down below. Thanks. ;)

0|0
11|12

Most Helpful Guy

• I love books, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself a true "book geek" — they're not all I think about. I just happen to read a few books a month. I mainly enjoy detective novels but many genres can manage to entertain me when they're well-written.

1|0
    0|0
    • So, do you write too?
      Detective novels? I like Sherlock Holmes. :)

• I've written a little, yes. (In Dutch, that is; I speak English fluently but I don't really have the extensive vocabulary one would need to really write a good novel.) I still have some twenty page detective-type story I need to finish at some point when I finally get some inspiration.

Most Helpful Girl

• i like to read. wish i read more often. there's no genre that i -won't- read... though nonfiction is my least favorite. i like mystery, suspense, drama, adventure books... historical fiction is quite good too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, I like historical fiction too such as Sungkyunkwan Scandal from Korea, Anna Karenina, Pride and Prejudice, etc.

So, what's your 'most favourite book title'?

• Show All
    • Wow, To Kill a Mockingbird! It's an amazing book! :)

• indeed it is :)

What Guys Said 11

• I only read non-fiction. Biographies, manuals, encyclopaedias, magazines, journals and so on. Anything that i find interesting and can learn from.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, great! But fictions, we can learn something by that too, aren't we?
      So, what's your most favourite book's title? Do you like The Memoir of Lili Elbe? Do you like Tetsuko Kuroyanagi's memoir too?

• In a certain sense. But I don't read mainstream romance books like Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent, 50 Shades of Grey, etc.

I'm reading Snow Crash, it's a cyberpunk novel, but unfortunately for me, most other people don't really read cyberpunk, especially the women. And it's much better having the lead character not be white for once, he's the son of a Korean mother and African American father.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup I am very much a book geek, I love books of fantasy, noir, romance and mystery, crime as well as history and art.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really likee reading. At the momeng i am readig Suskind's the parfum and before i have read Joseph Roth's flight without an end, both are good

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I am

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm very much a book geek! Although I prefer history books lol. I love learning about Ancient Greece and Rome.

My favorite books in this genre are probably Campaigns of Alexander by Arian (?) and The Twelve Caesars by Suetonius!

1|0
    0|0
  • Reading and writting are my passion and I like to read in everything actually

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a huge book geek, I love the warriors series

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope 😛

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha, not at all? Even a science-fiction book? :o

• Show All
    • So what's then? An action? Not young adult, hmm... Maybe you like 'real adult' more. Haha. How about The Girl on The Train? The movie would be released in autumn. :)

• I'm just a huge film nerd

• I love books especially ones about medicine, biology, science etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like books. I like movies and tv. I used to like books. Then I found the wonders of Netflix

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• yes ma'am i am!
    i like the classics, anything romantic, crime, mystery, humour... anything along them lines. historical fiction and fantasy are ok too but they have to have really interesting storylines.

1|0
    0|0
    • Great! I like that too, but usually I considered whether I should read a fantasy book or not because I don't like it as much as I like historical, romance, and mystery. And, I don't like horror at all. Haha. So, you like horror books then. xD
      Do you like Sherlock Holmes?

• no i hate horror lol.
      love sherlock holmes.

• Yay! A book question! <3 Okay, I read a lot. I just finished reading "Snow Like Ashes". I wanted to read it because the plot sounded like it was destined by the gods for me.
    d.gr-assets.com/books/1392224823l/17399160.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, i love books and always have from when i was a kid. favorite childhood series was the magic tree house books.
    now, my favorite author is david sedaris so anything by him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I am, or at least my friends say so.
    I like classic dystopian novels like 1984 and Fahrenheit 451.

1|0
    0|0
    • Action genre?
      Sorry. I never knew it before.

• Nope. It's like a setting where everything is bad, bad government, cruel laws and the like and usually, the main character would try to oppose the system. Some stories are set after an apocalypse or in the future. Like The Hunger Games or The Maze Runner.

• I am absolutely am. I love reading. I've read a ton of books.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nopeeeee

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh why? Books are amazing. So, you don't like book, even an interesting science-fiction book such as The Host?

• I really don't enjoy reading.

• Daaamn, when I was around your age and younger i used to read so many books... Sadly i don't anymore. Which is sad but hmm...

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha. So... What 'was' your favourite book?

• I'm not quite sure, i read narnia the lion, the witch and the wardrobe, and i thought it was a really good one! I'm a pretty big fantasy fan

• yeah I lovE reading seriously the outsiders was so good

1|0
    0|0
  • No I was a geek book when I was young not anymore! 😜

1|0
    0|0
  • I love books, its a great escape. I tend to prefer romance/erotic, paranormal and suspense type books.

1|0
    0|0