My friend lied about her age and other details to an older guy, how will he react when she confesses that she's younger than he thought?

She's only 15 (he thinks that she's 17) and she hasn't even completed her secondary year at school, but she's mature and very intelligent. He's however 18, turning 19 very soon and he's also a student at University. They've been talking for a while now and he lives in the neighbouring town... that's not it, she also lied about her name and where she lives. She would've stopped talking to him a long time ago, but they've grown really fond of eachother and have planned to meet up soon, what should she do and how will he react after she confesses?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a term for this, its called catfishing. Everyone knows all the best relationships are built on a foundation of lies. /sarcasm

As for how he would react, if it were me, id be very annoyed, no one likes being lied to.

• I feel as if he's wasted so much time on her. Do you think that the age thing is an issue

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll tell you my secret. You already know how old I am. So, early this year, when I was still 14, I made an account in a dating agency site for free. I don't know why I did it until now, but I think it was because of my curiosity. I made my age 18 and there was some people, they were >30 years old, tried to contact me. I thought It must be amazing if I accepted their request. So yeah, we talked about anything. Two guys wanted to marry me, haha, they told me that! It was crazy. LOL. And I was so frightened, I couldn't bear it any longer so I confessed about my real age. One of them was okay and said he wanted us to be friend but since February we've stopped to contact each other. Unlike him, the other one became very mad at me! Haha.

To answer your question, I don't know about that either. Maybe he would angry, or he would be her friend. OR... Neither of it. :o

Good luck for your friend! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Hopefully he will come to his senses and dump her.

• She should have been honest with him from the beginning. Now, I guess she can tell him the truth and explain why she lied.
    He probably will stop talking to her.

• not a good reaction, definitely, not really because of the age, but because she lied to him