Why are guys so obsessed with boobs and butts?

Boobs are just these two big balls of flesh hanging off of your chest and butts are pretty gross in and of themselves. I mean, you use the toilet and such... so why are guys so obsessed with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Short answer: They are symbols for fertility and health.

Long answer:

- The worldwide prefered hip-to-waist ratio on women of 0.7:1 implies several aspects of fertility.
    - The butt and thighs store important fat on women to hold through pregnancy
    - Apes used to be on all fours and thus were looking at butts to check on those things. Since humans learned to walk on two legs the breasts developed to be the equivalent of the butt.

• Agreed with the first 2; however, that last "fact" was a hypothesis by the same man who hypothesized that women developed lips to resemble the vulva.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well why are you aroused by what you're aroused by?

As for shitting... I don't think most guys are attracted to anus (where shit actually comes from). Rather they're attracted to the fatty part of the ass. The part we sit down on.

I also have the same issue with ass (I can't find it attractive because I think of shitting); however, the male fascination with ass is probably driven by evolution. Fascination with ass is present in our primate relatives also. It's because it's a good energy storage for eventual pregnancy.

What Guys Said 20

• And abs are technically muscle fibers overlaid by fibrous bands called tendinous intersections but that doesn't stop you girls from drooling when you see this:
    www.clickypix.com/.../sexy-abs004.jpg

• Because we're attracted to women, therefore it's only normal that we like certain feminine traits, especially those that we don't have.

Same reason girls are attracted to muscles, height, deep voices etc.

• Well the button isn't inherently gross it just encompasses something that is. Anyway we are obsessed and it's hard to other like it. Sometimes it would be convenient if I could stop or starting liking them at will but unfortunately I can't. By the way even though we might like these features we still consider women human and more than just these two traits. At least an overwhelming majority of guys do.

• Why are women obsessed with jaw-lines and broad shoulders? They are just bones. There is a evolutionary explanation but to keep it short it is what is found attractive. For the evolutionary reasons read some of the other comments, is see some very accurate ones.

• Because they are awesome!

• Every <18 girl had thought of this
    Bc, biology!!

• Sexual reasons I guess, men think that it just looks fantastic

• they're the two exclusively female indicators of sexual maturity.

• I prefer to be obsessed with the girl, the boobs and butt are just the icing on the cake!

• People are literally lumps of flesh and sinew hanging of a bluster of bones, with blood running through it all and shit occasionally dropping out of one end.
    Just try not to think to literally when it comes to stuff like this

• someone don't have big boobs or ass lol aka OP

• I actually do. I just don't get the fascination that guys seem to have with them, honestly.

• Why are women so obsessed with height?

• Because height isn't something that you poop or lactate out of... duhh.

• Hahahahha yeah I have the same feeling when it comes to ass. People shit out of ass lol. Breasts are amazing tho

• we don't have boobs and your butts look so much better...

• what are u obsessed with and why are u obsessed with it?

• Even girls are obsessed with butts. Its biology. and boobs equal pecs...

• fun to play with, can give us pleasure, pleasing to look at.

• Same reason girls like dicks.

• Probably the same reasons as girls like arm muscles and penises

• stop ruining it. we just do

• Traditionally they were how women showed they had sufficient energy reserves to be fertile, and the proportions suggested optimal hormone levels. So guys who went crazy for women who looked like that had the most kids.

Aaaaaand that's who we're descended from.

What Girls Said 5