Something like this:
Personally I still think it's cute but from what I heard it has a very painful bite and it's poisonous to the point you might need to seek a doctor.
I was visiting a cousin many months ago and it was nearby to where we were at. I just was still till it walked away. I'm assuming that if you don't do nothing to it and you're still... it leaves and doesn't do nothing to you.
But yes, that would be my reaction. Lay still or walk slowly without stressing it too much.
Most Helpful Guy
They are venomous but have to chew on you to get the venom in you. It isn't like a snake that has fangs. They're also slow moving lizards. They rarely bite and have to be provoked to bite. All reptiles can bite and they all bite hard. I own a 6.5 foot bull snake that has bitten me. It hurts but isn't agonizing. The gila and Mexican beaded lizards are beautiful and getting to see one in the wild is a treat.1