Curiosity is a gift, and a curse.. agree?

Just joined this site. Caught my attention. Whats the give and take of this site? I am enjoying the essence of it :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You ask questions and can sometimes get good feedback. You can help other people with their problems. You can read funny things you can see some weirdos flip out in the comments.

And in exchange you sell your soul.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. And this is my reality.

You can ask questions or answer them. You can comment on other people's answers ( if you have something to say.
    You can also message other members and talk to them. You can follow them and they can follow you.
    You can write articles (My Take). You can just look to see what other thinks.
    And you earn points according to your activity.
    So, yeah, that's basically what you can do here.
    Feel free to ask me anything you want to know about this website.

Welcome to GAG! :)

What Guys Said 12

• curiosity is good. I don't see it as a curse at all.

Hence I partly agree with that on the point that curiosity is good and can be a gift but it's not a curse.

• It's great fun but sometimes I wish I didn't think so much and could be a normal person. I'm an ethical vegetarian ( transitioning) maybe eventually to veganism) but I love meat!, mainly because I can't switch my brain off. Most people don't even consider the prospect of speciesism. Gift and curse I guess.

• I don't see curiosity as a curse. You do have to regulate it so as to not negatively affect others.
    There are different reasons for coming here. Curiosity about what people are thinking about sex and how they manage it is high on the list for me.

• Curiosity is a gift!.. But your perception of seeing things only in your profit may turn it into a curse..

• Disagree. Curiosity leads a person to cultivate endless amounts of knowlege and as they say knowlege is power. Especially when used correctly.

• It's a gift. You want to get higher in life. Knowledge is power.

• agreed, sometimes its a very bad curse, and some times its a gift.

• Soon you will be addicted to it. Telling you from experience.

• agreed

• I'd say it's a tremendous gift. I wouldn't be where I am in life without it.

• Gift yes, cures no. Life would be boring without curious cats.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• No not really.

• Agree. Human beings aren't capable of handling the whole truth. It drives us mad. I think it's because we're not just thinkers, we are overthinkers. Do you really want to know where that hotdog you just ate came from? Do you want to know the honest thoughts of your partner all the time? Do you want to know all the disease causing genes you possess? That your loved ones possess? Do you want to learn all the pain you have caused other people in your life? It's healthy and wonderful to be curious but when it consumes, it's dangerous.

• You always have a place to go to if you have a question (especially something you don't want to bother the people you know with) and you get the joy of helping others!

• BOTH hands down

• yes curiosity is both a curse and a gift.
    you can get some really good advice from here and the people are friendly. stick around and find some people to talk to

• It killed the cat. So, yeah... curse.
    But the fish around will breathe a sigh of relief. So... blessing!

There is a good and bad side to everything.

• Disagree.
    ie: Curiosity to me is what life is all about.

• you'll have a lot of fun