Why do people say they NEED a prom date and make it such a big deal?

Is it because everyone else has prom dates its tradition? pressure of society fun

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• People don't want to feel left out, and they want a good prom experience. I went dateless to my prom and it was kind of a crap shoot. Basically, I discussed this with my group of friends, that we should just go together as a big group. Unfortunately the one girl, her parents wanted her (demanded ) to have a date! So then my plan was foiled and all the girls, except me of course!, had dates. I went alone, I wasn't invited to their after party and I felt quite alone the whole time.

I honestly hate when people make a big deal about having a date. Like it would have been cool to just hang with my friends for our last hurrah. But no, they had to complicate things :P

I think when it comes down to it, people just want to be accepted and have a good time. It's hard to have a good time when you are alone on the dancefloor and no one will dance with you.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know a lot about prom culture 9because I am Irish) but I thought it was normal for single friends to go together or a group date if they didn't want a couple date.

• Everyone or most people feel a need to connect/fit in.

What Girls Said 1

• Why does anyone care about prom.

• My question exactly I actually want someones genuine opinion on why it is so "important"