What do you think was the most important invention of all time?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Literature.

Our ability to pass on infortmation using words and writing is the only reason we advance. Can you imagine our species if there was no books, and no talking? how would you educate others? How would you know that that plant is deadly? how would you know not to walk into fire? We take these basic things for granted, things we only know are obvious because we were told them as children.

Without language, And our ability to pass on infortmation and experiences, We would still be cave men.

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 17

• Hmm that's a tough one, but I'm going with the steam engine. It was the start of the industrial revolution that lead to a huuuuge advancement in the West. It's what made the West stand out from the rest.

I think the most important discovery was electricity. I know that wasn't your question, but still worth saying.

• Language.

Everything else flows from that.

• The internet. Because it all lead down to this moment in which I posted an opinion on this site. Can you imagine that?

• I would say electricity because the invention of electricity in turn led the way for all of our other inventions because without electricity a vast majority of the things we have now would not have be possible, to invent.

• Mans greatest invention was language. Without it, we could not effectively collaborate with one another. Our strength comes in our mind and cooperation. Language -> Writing -> Printing Press -> Computer/Internet.

• Electricity

• Important invention was the "fire"

• i lean towards the internet, but we wouldn't have it without the computer, and we wouldn't have that without electricity, and so you really could go far with this. But i think the internet has been the most powerful tool to bringing the whole world together

• Probably the internet or the jet engine, both have shrunk the world immensely.

• The internet is the obvious choice
    Internal combustion engines
    Penicillin
    The light bulb
    The Wheel

These are all equally important

• And the zero? It made invention possible at the first place.

• Yes that too lol
      I didn't want to go as far back as a numbering system and math... which make it all possibly to even do anything that came after. Without zero non of that would exist...

I mean there is always a start to something right. I really wonder what we will invent by year 4000 :O

• I think ill go with the printing press as it allowed knowledge to be printed and reprinted much more rapidly which at the time helped foster the renaissance and then the enlightenment a few centuries later.

• the idea of inside. shelter basically.

• The Gutenberg Press because it allowed the mass production of the written word

• The Internet in my opinion. And we were the generation who witnessed it's birth.

• Medicine, without it many of us would allready be dead.

• time travel

• Are you a new kinda troll?

• no, i'm serious, "all time" , at least for a non native speaker like me includes the future too, and i think that time travel will really be the greatest invention we will achieve.

• The scientific method.