Why people call Question Asker “OP”? Do you find it annoying as well?

I found in Google it means Original Poster…

It’s totally irrelevant first of all…it’s called Question Asker…or Topic Starter or Thread Starter if ya want…. Original Poster? How? Original Poster of wot? Especially if dat question was asked millions of times…

It really annoys me when people say OP all da time…they think it’s cool…but it’s not cool actually…

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• SO DAMN ANYNOING!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• 37.media.tumblr.com/.../...vxlDFS1qe8a0fo2_250.gif

How dare they call it Original Poster!
    There's nothing original about asking a question that's been asked a million times.
    If they want to get creative... why don't they create their own language and then ask questions!

I AM THOROUGHLY OFFENDED!!

• Also wot annoys me... it's I often confuse it wid Opinion Poster...

• It's not a matter of being cool or not lol that's just an easy way to refer to the person who posted the question. Original poster of the question. They posted the question, or the opinion. And original in terms of this thread because people can respond to comments..

Lol I don't know why this irks you so much.

• Sometimes I get confused as well... I might pass it as Opinion Poster...

• I just say QA.

• I didn't know that. it actually annoys me when people use all these acronyms online

• So I have a question for you, OP. Did you purposely pick up this shitty attitude/personality to match your new username or were you just pretending under your old username and the shitty personality is the real you? #BringBackTheOldKlaatu

• Oh no not again... if ma attitude's shitty... then yer attitude isn't? It's called an obsession...

And how on earth it's shitty attitude to dislike OP... anyway I'd just say I'm more honest wid dat name... but shitty? Watch yer mouth...

• I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, just that your attitude and demeanor has changed for the worst. It used to be fun to read your posts but now they all come off as condescending and depressing somewhat.

• Show me some evidence then... WHERE did i started it first?

And ThisDudeHere... there are some posts where I use proper grammar... so they didn't realize about who I am... and of course when I post a MyTake I use proper grammar... so ya don't know wot all ma posts are about generally...

• Is your poll asking if we think using OP is cool or if we dislike people using OP?

OP already means "Question Asker…or Topic Starter or Thread Starter". Just because you didn't know what it meant doesn't mean the word is bad XD

• If we dislike people usin' OP... and how it means Question Asker? QA means Question Asker...

• Hey hold on a minute!!! If I'm about to be deleted... can ya wait till I reach 14000 Xper? I'm so close... then do wotever ya want wid me...

• Not my problem or choice Klaatu.

• Nobody finds as many things annoying as you do, klaatu.

• Well I'd be mean now... but I don't wanna have any comments delete...

• Or you could just like go back to old Klaatu instead of calling people names...

• @BellePepper Others start it at least 9 out of 10 of times... see everyone's comments here... I never attacked anyone personally in dat question... I just said dat OP word annoys me... so I believe I'm right here... and DAMN IT if ya don't like ma posts just don't read 'em... why respond?

• Anything you put on the Internet be it on a forum or blog is a post. Whoever starts the thread is the original poster. No one thinks it's cool.

• No, I don't find it annoying. Maybe it's because most of the times I don't notice it.
    And some questions were never asked.

• OP is common to many forums, so people who use other forums might just use it out of habit.

• At least I know plular form of forum... is fora...

Unlike those people who use OP 40 times every day...

• plural...

• lmaooo op

• Heya there OP!

i had to dude.

• Heh don't get nervous because of such small things. Some people love when they say so. Their choice

• You must be very annoyed most days if something this trivial bothers you?

• Actually I find more thangs annoyin' on internet... not much in real life...

• This is for u @PoloCrew

• NAH it doesn't annoy me OP

What Guys Said 16

• OP u mad? Yes u mad..

• I'm sorry OP but I dunno why folk do that.

• I'm indifferent to it actually.

• Come at me Opie! lol
    It's just standard forum/discussion board online lingo.

• Never seen it anywhere else... and I've been in a forum since...2005 or so...

I always remember they were callin' em Topic Starter... or something similar in ma mother language which I'd rather not mention...

• Or most of times they mention 'em by their usernames...

• I think it's a carry over from usenet (Google it) where the original poster who started the thread was commonly referred to as the OP.

• Never used it... but maybe...

• *gasp* Klaatu is that... you

• I don't understand why it matters about who I am... and why people don't focus on ma question...

• Question Asker sounds more legit to me... now dat I think about it... Topic or Thread Starter doesn't match at all... since it's a Question not a Topic...

• Hah all true.

• Are you kidding me dude? Life is full of plenty of stress. You'll have plenty of stressful moments in your life, stop making up more.

• People pick up "OP" from other web forums, such as 4chan and Reddit. It doesn't annoy me at all.

• OP = over powered

• Why don't you STFU and FO, OP?

• No it's cool I'm gonna start doing it now that I finally found out what it means.

• i do0n't care really.

• I think the OP of this question is correct.
    Shoutout to you OP. For asking such a good and important question.

• Nah Op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op op Op op op op op op op op op op op op op op Op op op op op op op op op op op op op op

• They're just mad because they can't get opp then use the letters op.

• Oh, hi OP !

How's it going, OP?

You're having a laugh, OP?

You do realize you were posting a question onto the internet? Thus you are an original poster.

http://m.memegen.com/o49kra.jpg