Why Do Many Stoners Make Weed a Main Priority?

I am not a smoker, however, I do have many friends who are, but I can't seem to understand why so many people make this item such a important priority in their life. By this, I mean those type of people who fill Facebook wall about it, their phone is filled with only photos of it, weed is the only thing they seem to talk about, and they can't seem to go a day without then smoking it. I am not trying to bash it. Just simply asking a question. I am too scared to ask my friends themselves in fear that I might upset one of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting high and drunk and whatever else folks do to change their mental state through chemicals, is an escape.

Many people are really unhappy, and the only way they can forget about it, be it depression, disappointment, or general malaise, is to get high.

If you were in constant pain, wouldn't you seek release?

• Is an escape from what? When I use to smoke, I did it because it was enjoyable. I wasn't escaping anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to smoke everyday, many times that day, for 4+years. I made an IG dedicated to smoking and got up to a couple thousand followers. I posted what I like to call 'weed-art' and I did so because I truly found it beautiful. Some people may do it to brag or look cool. For some it may be a way of life. I guess it really depends on who it is. I stopped smoking because I grew out of it. But at the time, I had to smoke because it was apart of who I was.

What Guys Said 8

• They say it's not addictive but they make it their main priority.
    Go figure. :-S

• It's just this whole separate beautiful world. They r just eager to relate to it. You have such profound experiences with it. You really pay attention or maybe you don't not at all. I don't know it's hard to explain, it's like adding a filter on to reality. You see things differently. You find beauty in abnormal places. Then you want to share it with others.

• It's an addiction. And just as any other addiction, cigarettes, alcohol etc. they make it their main priority aswell. But I don't really get it either why they make it such a big deal. I mean people don't go around saying they smoke cigarettes... I guess they go with the same category as vegans, telling everyone all the time about their thing, making sure you never forget it...

• Imagine what would happen if our friendly government tried to outlaw alcohol. (wait, they tried that before?)

Has anyone in the history of the world who's actually studied the use & effects of marijuana and alcohol come the conclusion that marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol?

So yeah, I drink because it's legal (well, almost for me) but I don't smoke... I've smoked a few times and while it made me feel chill it doesn't seem worth the risk-reward since it's illegal where I live. But back on topic, if our lovely government brought back prohibition would people post stupid questions like why so many people care so much about making alcohol (and its legalization) a priority?

Did I mention I'm drinking right now?

• because they're stoners, not casual smokers. They're weed's version of binge drinkers.

• I'd say it's another stupid mainstream trend in my view.

• 1 word, addiction.

• It's a harmless plant.

• I have heard of that, but why do people make this plant such a priority?

• It isn't harmless it affects your brain chemistry and slows development.

What Girls Said 3

• They have no identity, so it gives them as easy group to identify with.

• I'm not a stoner myself, but i'm guessing because of it's popularity, it makes better profit, and it's harder for you to get caught.

• Yeah, I can understand that if someone is trying to sell it.

• The only thing I can think of is either there's some addictive quality of it (not surprising if so) or they think obsessing over it will make them "cool" and more accepted by the other smokers. Which is dumb.