Working consecutive overnight days?

I feel very annoyed that my boss is putting me 10 days straight. And when I say something he tells me it's all mentality, that I'm still alive and when someone calls out he wants me to try to help out even though I'm doing ten days. For example this week I had Sunday and Monday off I keep working straight until Wednesday after Wednesday im off 2 days. I'm looking for something new but I'm also hoping he would work with me which is a know, theirs only two other people that work that shift because people left. And everyone is sick of these days straight. It's horrible. If it was day shift I wouldn't complain but this is over night. I'm so tired and I get sick constantly. I have been doing it for 5 years but I think I'm done, I'm looking for something new.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to work in a similar industry like you. We were a 24/7 operation and we were expected to work 16 hours straight and come back less than 8 hours later. It was not unusual to work 16 hours straight back to back.

You've been doing it for 5 years now... I think it's time for a change. When I left that job, it was the best thing I ever did.

What Guys Said 1

• There are cases about overworking like you
    They all die suddenly not like murder
    So your boss may say they did not kill you.

What Girls Said 1

• Investigate your state's labor laws.