Am I being mistreated?

My boyfriend told me I was a fuck up. Because I lost my debit card in my scrubs. I'm always doing careless things. But I feel like being called a fuck up means I'm a loser and he says he hates that About me, that I'm careless. So based off that I'm thinking he hates me but I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, you may have been careless but I think he is making a big issue out of this. You can easily block that card and problem is solved.

He was not wrong to say that it was careless of you to lose your debit card, but he could have been nice about it while he told you that.

No, just because you lost one debit card, doesn't mean you are a loser.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell him how you feel. I mean to call someone something can be a joke or just a thing to some people and he may not entirely know how it gets to you. But I don't think it's nice or acceptable to call you a "fuck up". To say "well you're a silly one" is one thing but that? No. I don't like that and it leaves negative thoughts in your mind.

• I did he said I fucked up so many times with him.

• I agree that you should move on. To me he just sounds like an asshole and you deserve better than that.
      If you have spoken about it to him and he doesn't care, he's just an asshole. Calling someone that to me isn't a joke and I agree, why stay if you hate actual fuck ups? Sounds like he's just trying to manipulate you and be a douche. Get someone who will either help you stop being careless out of love, or will not care at all and be careless with you whatever.

• He actually told you you fucked up so many times with him? I'd say your only fuck up is dating him. Move on.

What Guys Said 7

• Then why does he stay with you is my question

• leave him. He's the fuck up in my opinion

• as someone who has done the same thing as you and got the same reaction from my SO. i have to say it doesn't get any better only worse. find someone who loves you for the person you are any excepts your faults with love

• Maybe he likes fuckups or he's just an asshole or doesn't know what a fuck up is or maybe he didn't mean it that way or yeah maybe he's an asshole

• I lost my debit card, and it wasn't big deal... So, I wouldn't call you a fuck up. There are people who I would, and I meet a lot of them on the internet, but I don't think that's worth being called a fuck up for.

• Yeah, I'd say so. If he's repeatedly telling you that, then there's a big problem.

• you need to move on. this is abuse.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes you are being mistreated. It starts with insults like that and then it grows to calling you the worst things that he can imagine. Who cares if he thinks he 'hates you' because he shouldn't ever talk to you like that. He has a right to express himself but not in that manner. You deserve better.