Has anyone been going to the doctors more since the new health care system?

especially guys. I know men don't go much until they're really old and absolutely have to. I've been curious if since making everyone have to purchase insurance if people who didn't care to go much before started keeping up with their health more.

• yes, more
  • no, same amount as before

Most Helpful Guy

• Less visits. the subsidy system is screwed up as well as I am in that at the moment and it doesn't work. If you don't have a sound mind, you are in trouble working through the govt system.

I don't like our western medicine... especially MD's). not because the do painful things, but because they are useless for so many issues involving what is really best for health and the person. It is a system that looks like healthy but it is really about a big business system. it isn't a health care system, it is a disease creation and propagation management system (looking at our food system included).

A problem occurs, find pill that counters that, sell pill, insure that to some degree, create medical devices that benefit it.

I'd much rather spend my time, $, etc.. eating healthy (from garden or good sources as much as possible), keeping in shape mentally and physically, and staying away from "Dr. s".

to be fair, if you have a broken body or a hole in it, they are pretty good at fixing that.

• I think it depends on the doctor/s you see. my doctor is great and totally respects that I don't like to take meds unless I absolutely have to. I'm into eating for good health too. but a few things, like getting allergy testing that has helped me immensely, I wouldn't have been able to afford before.

• good points. allergy testing helped me a well (food). my Dr. is ok with my approach as well and is "evidence" based. I think if you approach them as they are limited in their knowledge and domain, you are better off. you are your own best advocate. e. g. a surgeon genearlly thinks surguy is the answer!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's seriously helped me so much. I don't know where I would be without it. I'm just going in for regular checkups and having some long term issues addressed but it's an actual life saver at this point for me.

What Guys Said 6

• if you talking about obama care. not i go to the doctor the same amount. i have rhemodoid arthritis so i always seen the doctor a lot anyway before obama care and after obama care.. but why espeically guys. one of the basic services health care must provide is Maternity and newborn care because i remember reading some insurances would consider being a woman a preexisting condition cuz woman are so dam expensive i guess. breast cancer screen i think that would be under preventative care just like prostate exams for guys

• because men usually stop after moving out their parents place, until either they get married and their wives nag them to go or they have to go because of a serious illness

• yea serious illness is my thing.. id just do it just maxamize the insurance.. i probably wouldn't go as much if i had co pays im on medicad. meaning no copay no deductalbe.

• I voted no, but I see every one of my doctors next month out of sheer coincidence of pre-scheduled appointments.

• I go more often for preventative care since there is a $0 co-pay for those services.

• cool. a lot of men definitely don't go enough. although, isn't any visit to the doctors preventative?

• worse, most don't go until they're older, 50+, and just ignore whatever is wrong with them

• Yeah that's terrible. :-/

• no, but i probably should. im gettin old :/

• I don't go to the doctors unless I actually have a real problem. I also have insurance through my employers so the new healthcare system didn't really affect me.

• In my country public health care is free but it sucks. I go to a private hospital if I have to.

• what makes it private?

• probably. I just didn't know about them until now.

• I thought a country as rich as the US would have free health care. Is insurance expensive?

What Girls Said 1

• When did it start? lol

This year I've had to go to the hospital/doctor more than I have in my life tbh.

But it's not because of anything new that's happened, my body had just decided I needed a complication I guess hahaa.