Is a there gonna be a big earthquake hitting USA?

I was just reading over the web saying in the next 24 hrs a big earthquake is gonna hit America and that a tsunami might hit as well...

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. it's currently impossible to predict an earthquake 24hrs. A couple of seconds at most is right now possible. So that website was talking bullshit
    2. if the earthquake is on or very close to the US, then there can't be a tsunami

There are places in the US which are at high risk and where scientists say it's only a matter of time until a big earthquake happens (I think L. A. is one of those cities), but it's impossible to predict them

Most Helpful Girl

• And you believe everything you read on the web. I have a bridge that I'd like to sell you

What Guys Said 15

• I saw the article - With these guys they are predicting all the time so when an earthquake happens they are correct by default - None of the regular predictors have forecast a quake so odds are probably no quake.

• News flash: If you live in California, you're an idiot. There's a drought, traffic is bad, and oh yeah, A RECORD SETTING EARTHQUAKE IS ON THE BRINK OF HAPPENING ANY SECOND NOW

• There's always a chance but I woudnt worry too much about. Just make sure you have a survival kit for any situation

• Stay safe California

• Since when could they predict earthquakes? I don't think the Japanese predicted that earthquake they had last week.

• Lets hope not

• I doubt it. No worries.

• if it does happen i will be surprised because they are never right. its just another way to scare people and and get them thinking of a potential problem.
    if you have prepped for even a small problem then i wouldn't worry

• I don't even live in an Earthquake prone area , #nofucksgiven.

• where did you read this?

• Probably not

• i hope so

• Which site is this?

• I just googled it was all

• Eventually yeah ofc

• No. It won't happen. Stop reading all those conspiracy theory sites.

What Girls Said 4

• It's impossible to predict earthquakes, meaning tsunamis are pretty impossible to predict as well. The Earth's tectonic plates are always in motion so earthquakes happen randomly. If a big earthquake is going to happen, it will probably be on the west coast as that's where the major fault line is.

• They haven't developed the technology to accurately predict earthquakes yet.

• America is huge..