Start ballet at 19 years old. Yes or No?

Hi :) I did ballet when i was young but i quit like 5 years ago. Now i wan to do it but just because is a great exercise and will give me an amazing body. I know i am too old but what do you think? I am not planning to become a professional dancer of course.
I also do yoga 2 times a week.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no real experience in the matter, but I know @CœurRosé has experience in dancing.

From the little I know/researched just now, recreational ballet can be done at any age (well, within reason). At 19 years old, I think you'd have no problem doing it. It would be a good form of exercise :D
    However, for professional ballet, I think you'd need to start in your teens... so for that (even though you said you weren't planning to) I think it is possible but just unlikely at your age.

But yeah, as far as I know, you can do it recreationally! Go for it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5q6zWRCoEM

What Guys Said 5

• Do it for yourself. For your own good. I play ice hockey for my own good. Not gonna become a pro. Just for fun and exercise. Never too old. Same for you and ballet.

• Go for it! Anything like that is good for you, and if it gives you pleasure, then what does it matter if you don't make a professional. Enjoyment is more important than anything.

Good luck with those grades!!

• As a hobby or interest, you are never too old to do anything - Yoga will help with the flexibility required

• If yiu enjoy it then go for it

• sure why not

What Girls Said 2

• @dangerDoge is right, you do need to start young to get into ballet professionally. Usually about 9 years old. This is because ballet is very physically demanding and you really need to train your body the right way.

I don't want to crush your dreams though! You can still do ballet for fun :) But, because it's such a competitive sport, you really do need years and years of practice. Try taking some classes!

• Thank you :) I just want to do ballet because I have always liked and because I think is beautiful but I'm not planning in becoming a professional!

• Well in that case, you definitely can do ballet for fun 😊

• Yes do it!