If Hillary Clinton reaches presidency does that mean women have reached full equality and should start asking out men?

I'm neither for or against this i just want to hear opinions!

• yes
  • no
  • I'm a women and if Hillary wins i vow to ask out a man
  • i will never ask out a man!
  • I'm a man and I'm totally against this
  • I'm a man and I'm totally for this
  • what are you talking about i already ask men out?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if women did ask men out they would probably direct their attention towards the most attractive guys. So if you already struggle with women when guys are expected to do the asking, you really won't do much better when girls do the asking.

Women dont ask men out because they dont have to. The only way that changes is if men collectively stop asking them out. Even then Im not sure how well it would work. I think men on average care about sex more than women do so they would probably just call out bluff.

Sure it would be nice to be asked out ocassionaly to recieve some validation that women want you but at the end of the day its better for us that we are the ones expected to initiate over the reverse scenario.

Firstly, women who dont ask guys out can only choose who to date from the group of guys who made a point to ask her out. As a guy, you can go ask out anyone and dont end up wasting time being forced to talk with girls you have no interest in.

Secondly, if you're not the best looking guy but are good at socializing you instantly get an advatage over shy attractive guys and you get the chance to make up for what ever you may lack in looks with a positive first impression.

Also you dont have to deal with the hassle of breaking the hearts of the girls who ask you out but have no interest in.

What Girls Said 10

• - if Hillary becomes president it won't necessarily mean women are equal.
    - i have been asking men (or boys depending on my age) out for about 11 years.

• women won't be equal seems to be most women's options i'm inclined to believe it but you definitely seem like the type to be straight forward with men so all i have to say is keep pimping pimp!

• Hoe I've been asking out men since before men were complaining women needed to ask out men.

• did i just get called a ho... anyway keep pimping pimp!

• @smell-my-fingers you don't know what a pimp hand is?

• Uhmm... I'm pretty well convinced that I do, Mr. Guy! That was at least part of my reply, that included "And I DO get the last reference you made..."! But then I should ask you, what was with the rest of the wording..."the [xyz] is strong in this one"? I get the "xyz" part, yup indeed-e-o, but I may have read too much into the rest of it! Was the rest all just words, or did they come form anywhere? Maybe it was purely coincidental.

• I don't see how those things are related, tbh.

• i've asked out a guy before, relationships should be mutual. i also don't care about American politics

• 1. The two aren't related.
    2. Benazir Bhutto was prime minister of Pakistan but paki men still treat women like trash (just ask the UK) so whether women are in politics are not doesn't mean anything as to how women are treated.
    3. Women don't hit on men as much because they already get hit on a lot.

• i can see your point up until the last one sounds like a excuse Tbh

• honesty i don't care but i mean what about the women who don't get hit on a lot what about them? because I'm sure not all women get hit on a lot

• Hmmm, she's speechless,... you are right, and she can't refute it! @GymBumGuy wins this round! Yey! :) And I concur!

• One female leader, even a very powerful one, doesn't make women equal. Also women being equal doesn't mean they should ask men out. Cos equal doesn't mean the same.

• are you pro asking men out or against just curious?

• Men seem to find women being assertive sexually off putting.

• True! But I would make one simple change to your proclamation: "Men" => "Men with low self-esteem". Then you are right on target!

I am attracted to women that are not assertive, but it's much like I'm attracted to a drunk cutie! I prefer not to take advantage of them. I don't want someone that says "Yes sir!" because they feel necessarily compelled to! I can't says that I mind if she is assertive but enjoys a little "Yes sir!" treatment, now and again! But a woman that takes care of business as she sees fit, that's not putting anything off by my standards! I know I'm not alone, but I can't put numbers to it! But a lot of guys respect a self-respecting assertive woman I do believe!

• I would not ask out a guy I would let a guy ask me out

• Asking guys out has been happening for years.

• Yup! And thank you for that! I would have never had the cojones to have asked my first girl out at that age (noticeably left out)! So God-Bless you and those like you ma'am! :)

• That Mona schwartzenegger😂

+1 for being funny

• Full equality, obviously not. That wouldn't just magically happen if Bernie Sanders became president either, and he's a better feminist than Clinton. Women should be able to ask out men anyway if they want; we have to all collectively break down the cultural stigma attached to it

What Guys Said 13

• I don't think any of this is connected to Hillary winning. Women can still have full rights without having a female president. If we had to have everything exactly equal women would never reach full equality because there would need to be a lot of female presidents. Just because women don't make up close to half of a certain field doesn't mean that women still haven't reached full equality. In the United States they pretty much already have.

• The most she would do is advance the feminist farce. But ironically, she would also hurt the feminist victim narrative by being the most powerful person in the world.

Women that are actually skilled and empowered loathe the way feminism wants to pat them on the head, and tell them they are special snowflakes simply for being born, forever victimized, until 2 weeks from never.

Now, to answer the question. Will dating gender roles magically reverse? No, that won't happen. Did it happen in the UK after Margaret Thatcher was elected almost 30 years ago?

• you make a strong point with your theory something to think about for sure

• "feminists" will never think they are equal to men, but subconsciously they just say that so they can still try and get that power trip over men while still victimizing themselves. And acting like men still have more rights than them and that men get treated differently and you will always have women who act like they are the damsel in distress that they need their "prince charming to coma and save them." A rational woman would look at that and laugh.

• TBH i don't want to get into a feminist debate either for or against but i understand what you are saying man

• That'll be the least of your worries if she gets power. Welcome to slavery will be the west's mantra. It's bad enough already. If women think she's fighting for feminism then they'd better get a reality check. She's fighting for the elite to buy up the world

• interesting theory

• convicting argument but i doubt there are any hard facts

• There's books written about it. Books that are practically banned in america. They tell the truth. They're not exactly going to advertise that democratic life is a load of shit. Why do you think guys like bush and Reagan get to run the country. They're pro-business and easy to lead. Being president is just a yes man's job. Leader of the 'free' world. Never been a bigger contradiction in terms

• Dude that could totally be a pick up line lol

• Lol if it takes Hillary being elected to ask out men then

media.giphy.com/media/oV83UzfQA1fMI/giphy.gif

• they already have.

• No Barack Obama reached presidency and unfortunately things still aren't equal for African Americans. Infact they aren't much better racial profiling, police brutality, racism, unequal playing field in the workplace and many more things.

• What the fuck are you rambling about?

• what does hilary have to do with the dating scene? Women should already be taking more initiative

• 0|1
  • lol she better get back too that kitchen

• if there were a down vote system still i wonder how many you would get haha!

• They already do. I never initiated a relationship with a woman after college, they always acted first and I just picked from the ones interested in me. The reason women don't ask most men is nothing to do with culture, it's a market phenomenon. Women only find a small percentage of the male population attractive enough to approach.