Have you ever thought about this? Do you still think about it?

If god created the universe, then how did god came to be? Was there a 'god of gods' who made god? Holy books tell us about god but never mention how god came to existence.
Does the Almighty even exist?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm an atheist, but some theists see God as eternal, existing outside of time and space. Therefore, they wouldn't need the universe to exist in order to exist because the universe isn't everything, just everything that it's possible for humans to conceive of (or something like that).

Circular time theory; ie. the end of the world is the same event as the beginning of the world, also wouldn't for definite rule out a deity I don't think.

The two could be linked, as in, from God's perspective the universe has no beginning or end, it's a self contained thing which they are detached from.

(Despite not believing in God I'm pretty on board with such theories about how time and space work)

Most Helpful Guy

• That thought has occurred to me. It's funny, because there are only 2 options - that the universe came into being spontaneously or that it was created by a being deliberately. A being we would call a god. But because of what you just mentioned, that god would have to either exist spontaneously or be created and by one who did. This can be continued but at some point the chain must stop. Either the universe or a god exists without precedent.

I find both options to be absurd and yet... one must be true.

What Girls Said 4

• The whole "well where the hell did God come from?" Question is one of the first things that turned me onto my non-believing path.

It always makes me laugh when believers try to make it seem so matter of fact that the world was created because "there's no way such complex species like us could have just evolved out of nothing" but they find the idea that the being intelligent enough to create us literally came out of nothing totally believable. The answer to the question "ok so where did God come from?" Is almost always "he always had been and always will be" or some such iteration. Yeah, THAT makes sense. Lol

• Yeah it baffles me too but I guess we'll never know.

• Yes I have thought of that, that question has been in my mind since I was four at the latest. I don't know the answer to it but just stay with my faith.

• Mormons believe that there are an infinite number of gods, and that you can become one as well if you live right. The God that reigns over this Earth is from a planet called Kolob. He is the Heavenly Father of Jesus Christ, who is our Savior. But there are other planets out there in this infinite universe with their own gods and their own Saviors.

What Guys Said 4

• No, the almighty doesn't exist, in my opinion at least. But, the same CAN be said for the universe: When did it begin?

Not the Big Bang, we needed all that matter

The answer: There was no beginning in time

• If he exists it's the first thing I'm gonna ask him/her and I'll be like;
    "Yeah so, who created you? And don't be giving me some parable BS now tell it to me straight. :v

• my efforts are better spent elsewhere tbh

• no one made GOD he is self existent