My aunt is talking to a strange man online?

He tells her he's from the "military" and has a lot of money but he can't keep it there, so he needs her address to send it to her so that she can take care of it for her.

He says he doesn't trust any of his friends with his money.. Yet he is trusting a "stranger" from online to keep it for him? It seems fishy to me.. And he also told her that he will later send MORE money for her to buy herself a house. He says he wants to marry her, but they've only known each other for 1month. Never talked on the phone and never have talked through video only chat.. His Facebook page only has 3 photos of him and he has only 1 friend on there, which is my aunt.

She he gave him a P. O BOX address and he said no, that he needs her physical address because he has no time to send it to a P. O BOX

So today she gave him her address. 😯😯
He says he is stationed in Afghanistan and that he will be sending her a "package".. 😐

my aunt doesn't live alone. She lives with her kids and my other aunt.
My other aunt is the one that told me about this and she is worried. She told her "what package is he going to send you? He's gonna send you a bomb! And it's going to blow up the neighbors house as well"
and my crazy aunt responds with "no, if it's a bomb it's gonna blow up the entire city"... So my other aunt started crying. Lol

now they are both worried.

What are the chances of this man having good intentions and his story actually being "real"?

Since he has her address, is there a way to report him? We don't even know if his name is really the one he gave her or if he is even the guy in the photos... I really don't think so, it all seems like bullshit...

most scammers ask for money, but this one is supposedly "giving" her money... But he now knows where she lives... What can be done if he's a bad person? Until something happens to my aunt? :/ she's so stupid 👎

Most Helpful Guy

• I would suspend judgment, yet remain cautious and vigilant. If something seems or sounds fishy to you, then that should be a red flag. Even in a good case scenario, they both could have a case of being lovestruck. Most people wouldn't waste more time scrubbing metadata from their pictures, so three is kind of normal. Only 1 friend? Don't know what to say about that, good friends are hard to come by... If people really want to, there are ways of discovering addresses, but one should try to keep them secure. There probably is a way to report and or find information about this. Hard to know if he is the one in the photos or not? Don't think that because you "hear" or "see" a name that makes it real or comforting. Besides, not everything has a name. I don't really know what else to add...

Most Helpful Girl

• This is horrible and I feel for your aunt.
    Giving a stranger your address is a HUGE mistake.
    I gave it to a guy and he robbed us. I couldn't sleep in peace for a month.
    There's really nothing she can do except hope nothing will happen.
    If anything they should move but I know they probably don't have the money to move.
    She should have asked where he was stationed or given him a false address like a local store or something.
    She should stop talking to him because chances are he isn't who he says he is. I doubt the whole bomb thing is true but if a package DOES arrive I would take it to the police and notify them.

What Guys Said 9

• She's apparently insane.

• Zero chances. Zero. None at all. Call the police NOW. And tell your aunt to be honest about any other info. The police might not ask for the chat logs because they're stupid, so make sure to offer them. On all things they talked on. They could send a bomb or steal her identity or rob her blind.

Cops. Now.

• Take this guy's advice now. NOW!!! Ain't ever heard of an address request before. two possibilities here now: she gets a message saying that he needs her to SEND some money for clearance purposes or some other shit like that (good case, this happened to me while I was searching for a roommate once and I just went on to ignore the fool from then on); she receives an unpleasant package (bad case)

• "What are the chances of this man having good intentions and his story actually being "real"?"

Zero. As @jjmarvin said, call the cops NOW!

• This sounds exactly like that one time I got an email from my distant Nigerian prince relative. It turned out he just wanted all of my money. I'd say the chances of this dude being legit are about as low as (if not lower than) those emails being legit. So that's like 0.000000001%

• It's a scam and she can be in legal trouble for participating depending on the actual source of the funds. Tell her to walk away.

• Your aunt is not all there unfortunately

• @takumii since when the fuk u started talking to 50 yr old chicks

• Thats all bad...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• This was a very bad thing to do! I wouldn't trust him at all I mean why couldn't he keep all his money in one place? Something just doesn't sound right and no one in hell would someone just give money for a house to a person they just met. You should look up the pictures on the internet, reverse image and tell your aunt to get his phone number etc.

• Nigerian scammers... They used that on a lot of people.

• Report to the police. They tend to operate from Europe or Uk so the victims can send money through there by Western Union.

• What @jjmarvin said.

• Call Nev and Max.

• Beware, contact the police if possible.

• Sounds dodgy. I'd inform the police.

• She should really call the police i dont think its safe to move on like that

• Your aunt is a complete moron, whatever happens to her she deserves. Natural selection.

• I think it's a fraud. I know a lot of this fraud, they talk about it on tv and all. She should cut the contact