Is it bad if you don't have any career goals, but do your course at college anyway?

Is this normal for people? I'm 17 and I'm still uncertain of what I want as my career. I don't really have a solid career path. My actual goal is to just get a part time job and get some money, but there's no long term career goal.

Most Helpful Girl

• No not really, I mean usually if you a need a certain degree like doctors or lawyers etc. You'd have an idea you'd want to be one, most of the time people are smooth sailing

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 24 and I have no frigging idea what to do with my life. My education hasn't panned out for me yet.

I'd say plan carefully. You could do something like a venn diagram of jobs in demand vs jobs you would be interested in - pick something that intersects. Look at job postings online to see what qualifications you would need. One notorious catch-22 is wanting work experience which is difficult to have as a graduate. Good work terms, perhaps having several, could help get around that.

It might also help you to take a gap year if you've just finished highschool. Give yourself a chance to figure things out and work part time at something to save money.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm doing the same thing.

• Well its kind of a waste of time. I used to be like that too. I withdrew from college took some time off. Now I'm wanting to do Biology

• I'm in the same boat. Not sure what I wanna do. Hopefully you'll figure it out. Try just doing research in fields you think u might be interested in. I've tried and still haven't found anything but u may get lucky and find something

What Guys Said 0