Can you be naturally good at something but have no interest at all?

For instance in 5th grade, I was told a couple times I had a good vocal voice during a Christmas Carol we all sang at class. However, I didn't really care too much. It hasn't gone away and I could try on stage if I wanted to but I don't feel like it.

Several have asked why don't I ever apply it? My only answer: I'm just not interest and want to do other thigns in life besides singing.

So instead, I'm now a college sophomore majoring in paleontology. I've always been interest in historical sciences, fossils and determining their ages.

What Guys Said 2

• This happens to us all. (Overly talented people)

For me it was slightly manifested differently. I have a great talent in languages, but live in the US, a country full of people that go to other countries and get pissed they don't speak English.

In other words, I have no application even if I did learn seven languages.

• Sure, your abilities don't necessarily follow your interests. When i was in high school our guidance counselor gave us a whole battery of aptitude tests physical as well as pencil and paper. i was good at several things I'm not interested in.

What Girls Said 1

• Sure, I've talked to a number of people that have a good gift, but don't care to focus their lives around it. More or less, they just prefer to have it as a hobby from what I have seen, though. Maybe that is because they don't want to ruin something they're good at by doing it every day and attaching stress to it. Either way, if you don't care to go further with it, that's your choice and you have something else that interests you. That's what counts.