Houses or Apartments?

Houses are too expensive, I like apartments because theirs security and maintenance.

• HousesHouses or Apartments?
  • ApartmentsHouses or Apartments?
===========
= = = = = = =

Most Helpful Girl

• Houses. There is something I enjoy about having a backyard and space.

Most Helpful Guy

• I only said houses because you can theoretically do more of what you want when you "own" the property, such building a fortress or a garden.

What Girls Said 7

• Houses.

They are easier in general. Parking. Noise allowance. Noise acceptance. Doing the shopping. Parties. Sleepovers. Locking up for holidays and not worrying the upstairs neighbours washing machine won't explode.

Houses are more expensive but more easier and less stressful

• Apartment until i'm ready to settle down and have a family lol.

• apartment if ur just starting out, but a house when u save up enough.

• I took a class in real estate once and the teacher told us if we can, don't buy apartments- save for that house.

Apartments are like the transition before we buy our homes. They're also usually very small and under a tenant or landlord.

You own your home and can live comfortably when its that time 😌

• I would rather a house then a apartment. But I've no choice since the houses sell for a million and up in my city. So for now I have to go for apartments

• Houses. I like my privacy and space.

• no I want the house there may be more work but the benefits are wirth it

What Guys Said 12

• For me right now, at my stage of life an apartment.

• I am a house man you have your own home and if you ever sell it you have some big bucks coming your way. Renting you have nothing

• My house gonna be finished construction July 28, can't WAITTTT

• what style is it?

• yeah, that's the reason i don't wanna move to california. it seems nice, but the market isn't worth it to me. especially in the next few years with the minimum wage increase, but that's another topic. that's how i feel about new york city for me, but i hate the city and so many more things i don't wanna get into. and since i live on the east coast so my concept of out west isn't that accurate. my favorite city is savannah so i'll hopefully be moving there or 1 of my other top cities soon

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau California, namely SF bay area is absolutely brutal. I was paying $2,300/mo. for a standard 1 bedroom apartment. The taxes, the gas, just a fucking gallon of milk, is just absolutely brutal. I did my taxes and still owed them money! haha! those fuckers just won't let go of my money I don't even live there anymore lol. I had coworkers working at my firm, I mean professionals starting out and making a nice, decent salary and they were living at home with parents if they could just to save money to get on their feet. It's just crazy.

• Apartment for short term.

Houses are for the long term also better for having a family, trust me you don't want to raise kids in a shoe box of a place.

• unless you can get a rent controlled apartment, owning a house is cheaper in the long run. I prefer to rent now, but I'll eventually want to own a house.

• house. i don't get why people like apartments

• Houses are a better long term investment. That being said; I'm 30 and have still never owned one because 1-I re-locate a lot and 2-I travel a lot so being able to punt maintenance (lawn care, break/fix) makes more sense to me at the moment.

• Renting a house with my roommates. Definitely get to be more loud and obnoxious at all hours than an apartment

• Depends on the neighborhood and prices, but I'll go with houses.

• Urban center + walkable city > suburbs. I prefer apartments for this reason. Of course having lots of space and a yard is nice, but I'd rather live in a city then in pseudo rural suburbia.

• Renting is always the worst option. Everyone should try to get their credit strong and regardless of the size of the home get one with a decent interest rate.

• House for sho, sik tities