Should I take a summer internship that pays or take a non paying volunteer position that I love and has to do with my major?

Summer internship pays 12.50 and I will be interning for a program that wants to end substance abuse.

Volunteer job pays nothing, but I will love working there and it relates to my major.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just crank out internships! Namely, ones with potential future employers. My first firm I worked at out of uni was from a summer internship job offer before my senior year. That was 1 of 4 internships I did. Just crank out internships, for the experience, networking, and exploring your career interests.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you need money then take the money! To be honest unless its going to offer you a position when you graduate no point in doing the one that doesn't pay money.. however if you love it then its hard. How do you know you want enjoy the internship?

• It seems to end substance abuse. I will be the one they will ask where teens at my old high school get their drugs or where under age high schoolers get their alcohol. I never paid attention to that in high school. And neither did my friends.

• Seeks not seems

What Guys Said 3

• If I were your i'd take the internship. It would mean money for you plus it looks great on a resume. But just meditate on it And go with your heart

• the internship. Money is essential

• C. Go nuts!

What Girls Said 4

• Are you interested in the internship at all? Getting paid and saving up for the future (or paying current bills) is important, but so is being happy. Both will look good on a resume in the future. I guess it comes down to how much you need or want the money if you were to take the internship and which one you feel you'd enjoy more.

• do the one u love.

• Do what makes you happy the most which would be volunteer position that has to do with your major and gain experience

• that's a lot in my country we are only paid 7 euros, you should take the one who paid