What kind of voice do you prefer women to have?

I find it really annoying when I hear women trying to sound masculine ( vocal fry - look it up) with that raspy croakyness. Do you prefer a deeper voice on a woman or high?

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer deeper voices on women. Not weird or creepy deep, not so deep that they sound manly... just a nice alto. I don't like high voices because they can get very annoying very fast. However, I'm not into the croaky or smokey type of deep voices. The voice should be medium or deep but also soft. It's hard to explain. Overall, voice is something very important for me in a woman because I'm almost blind. I pay much more attention to a person's voice than most other people (not just in terms of dating but in general). There's certain type of voice I really love but it's impossible to describe it...

Most Helpful Girl

• People speak how they speak. But some people do try to speak out of their natural register and whether it be higher or lower it is annoying and unnatural. I was friends with identical twins in high school. Their voices should have been pretty similar but I could greatly tell the difference between them when they answered the phone. The twin I was better friends with had a high Mickey Mouse voice that wasn't her natural register. So annoying. The other one kept her naturally lower voice. Not too low but natural both were pretty much run way models.

Demi Moore 'vocal fry' is t annoying because it is natural. When I hear vocal fry I think of some valley girl cracking her voice at the end of every sentence and going up as to make it a question whether it is or isn't.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes. The raspy croakyness is one of my favorites. Ah. Not the fake valley-girl kind. Any kind of voice paired with a valley-girl inflection is annoying. Lindsay Lohan type. She's the first one that comes to mind; I had a crush on her growing up, so maybe that's where I picked it up. Emma Stone. Scarlet Johansson.

Smokey, I guess is sorta how I would describe it. The pitch is probably medium. But, I also like the light, soothing higher pitched ones. Just not too high pitched. That hurts my ears. Then if it's too low, it's just weird.

• I like it when they're unable to speak at all!

• I like feminine radio voices like Carrie Healy of New England Public Radio. She is the aural equivalent of Sophia Vergara. Also Sandy Wood who does Star Date on NPR.
    www.nytimes.com/.../...-stardate-for-20-years.html

• well for me I like voices that are in the middle between high pitched and deep, but not very deep. like this actress, the brunette from Parks and Recreation, Tammy 2, her voice is too getting to the too high point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ1bf7-zNk

• Soft, sweet, and with a higher pitch than a man's voice (not super high that it's annoying).

• Jessica Alba voice maybe

• Just natural. Too many pretentious people out there trying to live up to an image instead of being themselves these days. I mean it's obvious and makes them look daft

• I prefer a higher voice, as long as its not screetchy sounding. Its gotta be smooth.

• Deeper, but naturally, I'd rather have a natural high voice than a fake deeper voice — not really important, though.

• It's a turn off for sure. I want a high voice or normal, not too deep where she could be a guy lol

• I prefer a woman with a voice similar to Scarlett Johansson, just a little bit higher pitched

• normal voice.

• I love the high pitch... not to high either

• I just like a feminine voice with a British accent.

• like captain Amelia from disney's treasure planet.

• Better deeper... I find high-pitched cute voices... FUCKIN' ANNOYIN'... she sounds like a brat...

What Girls Said 4

• High pitched voices drive me insane. I always feel like I'm talking to a child instead of an adult. I want to strangle them so they have to speak in a lower register.

• i love raspy voices, i think they sound nice

• I don't care how anyone sounds, can't choose your voice.

• If you look up vocal fry (as I said above) you would know what I'm talking about. That's not their natural voice it's something they force

• I have a deeper voice, naturally kind of raspy. The raspy/husky factor is emphasized whenever I whisper or speak slowly. Some people think its sexy, Others prefer higher pitched voices. It's not Alicia Keys deep (though I do think her voice is sexy), higher than that but still deepish/raspy. I sang an alto in the hs choir. I like it, it suits me.

When I was younger, I would fake a higher voice sometimes. And my voice does get higher when I'm expressing excitement or when something is "too cute!" lol

I think women should speak the way they speak. We don't need yet another reason for women to feel insecure. It's your damn voice, a combination of natural factors and social influence. Embrace it and move the fuck on.